1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the "Deal"?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ovaljack, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

I am new to this site,only been on for a month or two. In that short time I have met some very helpful, trusting, honest people. I have made several purchases, sold a high end gun and talked to some interesting folks. The gun I sold was to a gentleman half a country away, he sent me a large sum of money on my word that I would complete the deal. I, of course did complete the deal and he is very happy with his purchase. I had another gentleman send me a new trigger for me to try before sending him any money. It is a great site. With that said, what is with the people that offer something for sale, accept an offer, agree to the sale and then go "silent"? I have had that happen twice, once on a receiver and again this week on a NIB gun. If you don't want to sell the item or can't sell the item then don't you have the obligation to tell the other party of your decision? It's not the end of the world, the truth is it saves me some money. But, I still am disappointed that you can not take a seller at their word. Well, thats enough of my rambling, what do you think? thanks, Jack

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Whats the

Jack,

Welcome to the site first of all. Like anywhere you will have some great people to do buisness deals with and then some not so great people to do buisness with. For the most part the majority are far better than good buisness people. I always say the key to a good deal is prompt and continuous communication. Once that is broken, things can get ugly. I have been lucky here so far. On the other hand, i have read the threads of the deals gone bad. The people here are great. I have learned more here than anywhere. I have had guys that have shot Trap for decades call me on the phone and talk with me for hours on improving my Trap game. I have had guys volunteer to watch me shoot and help me get better. I have actually had guys from here send me stuff and refuse to take money. You sound as if you have already met some of these good people here. This site is like no other. Hope you stick around.--Matt

3. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Whats the

One thing with a site full of Trap guys is that many of us are not computer savvy. The "silent" treatment may just be them not realizing that there is a PM waiting or they don't check their email every day.

Try to keep on them, but don't become discouraged when they don't respond. Maybe it's a sign for you not to buy from them?

4. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

Whats the

Matt, thanks, I will be here for a long time, I fear.I've been in the business world for most of my life. I deal with people for a living and your are right, the people here are great. It was just my inner child that thought he had found a place to let down his guard. I would not give up the good of this site for the these little "bumps in the road". Just needed to vent, not name call or seek revenge. thanks for your point of view, Jack

5. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Whats the

There are so many helpful people on this website that a deal gone bad really is surprising and difficult to comprehend. After 10 years of activity on TS.com I regretfully have one now that seems destined for the outhouse. We will see how it turns out. Regards; Bill H.

6. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

Whats the

Rastoff, thanks, again, a good point. Everybody can't be perfect like me. ha ha thanks, Jack

7. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Whats the

its the 80 20 rule most do right and and a little do not.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Whats the

Jack--Just be sure to wear your thick skin. Things can get heated here at times and go a little overboard. For the most part, its all in good fun. You know what happens though when guys disgaree. I have seen offers to meet in parking lots so no matter the age we can sometimes tend to still be young boys.

A wise man from here gave me some good advice that i try and follow here. It will ususally keep you off the moderators radar. Its tough to follow at times though.

"Argue the topic and not the person"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.