1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the Deal With Winchester 209's?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ridgeway, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ridgeway

ridgeway Member

What

What is the deal with Winchester 209 shotshell primers? They have been on BO at a major supplier close to me and no ETA in sight. People ramming these into 5.56 cases?!?!?!? LOL

Plenty of Cheddite and RIO's on hand though! I resorted to buying 1000 new and improved version of Remington STS till the Winchesters come in.

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Let me fill you in what is happening. Back in 2008 when Obama first took office, the world went flippin' crazy ordering guns and reloading supplies because eveyone was sure Obama was going to take our guns away. It took 2 years to recover from that mass panic and re-stock the shelves. And not only were the components hard to find, they skyrocketed in price. Some places doubled their prices on items such as primers.

Now that Obama has been re-elected and he is currently going after our guns, the same thing is happening again. The hoarders are out in force and they are buying up every available stock item they can find. Just 4 years ago and we're going back into the same boat. I hope the reloading items don't double in price again, or we might as well stop reloading.

Kevin

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Think "Widow Lady" or "Estate Sale". Guys like me are getting older every day and have garages full of ammo and components.

4. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

There is panic in the streets of America. That is all it is. Just that. Nothing more. Mike

5. SBray

SBray Active Member

Just came back from the Sportsman's Warehouse picking up a bag of 1/2 oz pink Winchester shotgun wads to get me by. I glanced at the selves normally stocked with all kinds of primers. It was completely empty! I have never seen that before. Even when their small pistol primers are sold out, there are usually some of the higher priced large rifle primers left in stock.

The hoarders certainly cleaned them out.

Steve

6. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Theres more to it than just the horaders. This has been in the planning for 4 yrs. Everybody knows it but refused to face it. Now here you are. looking it straight in the face. Ben Franklin once said, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Well nothing was prevented so now its time for a hole lot of cure. After 1-16-13 we'll see if there will be a cure attempted. Bill

7. open choke

open choke TS Member

Anyone who needs win 209 PM me

8. kenf

kenf Active Member

I would gladly trade 5000 Win's for 5000 STS primers in western PA.

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

You found Remington primers but not Winchesters? That is unusual.

Hate to tell you this put once you use Remingtons it will be hard to go back.

I used and love Winchester primers, but the after trying Remingtons.......................... It might be psychological but Remingtons are the cats meow.

10. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Back in the early 70's, there was fear of a toilet paper shortage in Hawaii and people were hoarding toilet paper and many had to do without; i.e., it stinks. There are 2 differences of what's happening today as follows: (1) There is a real reason to stock up on shooting supplies because of the people we elect (Obama, Feinstein [not to be confused with Einstein] Cuomo, and the list goes on and on; and, (2) Our a$$es are in trouble but not because of the lack of toilet paper. I guess there's a moral to this story but it's late and I get sarcastic the later it gets. Good luck with finding ammo & all types of shooting supplies. BT100dc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.