1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

whats the deal with "ifitflyitdie"??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

whats the deal with

Anyone else think his actions are a little strange?

He seems to want to get rid of that perazzi combo of his pretty dang bad.

So far he's tried to sell it outright for $5k (seems like a pretty good deal to me). Since then, he's tried to trade it for/on: a 687EELL sporting clays gun, a Browning Citori, a 687EELL Beretta trap combo, a Browning XS, a Rizzini Artemus, a Beretta 687 SPII Sporting, a Urika 391 Trap, a Beretta DT10 Unsingle, a K80 28 gauge, a Perazzi Mirage Skeet, a AL391 Teknys Gold Sporting, a Kolar Trap Combo, a Perazzi Mirage 30" trap gun, a Beretta 682 Gold E 12 GA. SPORTING, a Browning Citori Plus, a Beretta 682 Skeet gun with subgauge tubes Engraved by Angelo Bee, a Benelli Super Sport, a Browning Citori XT, another 391 Trap, a Perazzi MX 10RS Combo, a Perazzi MX-8 pigeon/helice, a K80 Trap combo, a MX 2000 Unsingle Combo, a Perazzi Mirage 28", a Browning Gold Hunter, a Perazzi MX15, a K20 28ga, a Caesar Guerini Magnus Sporting, and a K-80 GOLD SUPER SCROLL TRAP.

From what it looks like, he's made an offer to trade his Perazzi combo for just about every gun thats come up for sale in the last 2 weeks. IDK, but wanting to trade one gun for any of 29 dramatically different guns of dramatically higher and lower value leads me to believe theres some reason he wants that gun gone.

If i'm off base, I apologize, but i'm sure other people on here have seen the same pattern I have.

2. Gary Ferrell

Gary Ferrell Member

whats the deal with

I talked to the young man who is a college student and he seems like a nice young man.I made him an offer on a trade and he turned it down and gave me a counter offer which i accepted ,i emailed him back and and told him i would agree to his offer.I havent heard back on several emails i sent him but noticed he still trying to trade the gun today.I asked him why he was trying to trade for everything that came up for sale and he told me he just didn't want the Perazzi any more.When he makes a deal a deal he needs to honor it or dont make it.I think he is just a young kid that has no ideal what he wants.
    GRF

3. rustynail7246

rustynail7246 TS Member

whats the deal with

I offered Ryan $4500 by Cabelas Check 10days ago and it was accepted and a done deal. Gave him a shipping address but it never showed up. Seems like a nice guy and I remember college days as having some blank moments but he needs a talking to. Nice kid and I'm certain he ain't a crook but this isn't a priority and might even be a dorm gag with his shooting buddies in Missouri.

4. rustynail7246

rustynail7246 TS Member

whats the deal with

Pete Tryand

5. kstass1

kstass1 TS Member

whats the deal with

Ryan is my roommate in college and this is not a scam from his buddies.. He has emailed the cabelas man twice with no return so figured he had backed out of the deal, On the Gary Ferrell issure he just didn't think that the deal was worth making and nothing was official. Ryan is a little crazy about trying to get rid of this gun but trust me there is nothign wrong with it. It is in pristine condition and he takes care of his guns very well. He also likes just about every gun in the world and that is why he is trying to trade for just about anything that comes up on the message board. He just enjoys shooting new guns and if he trades for a new gun and doesn't like it, you guys will be again posting on the same thing because he will try to trade and test out yet another new gun. So that is the reason he is trying to trade for everything. When someone gives him a good offer he will take it and until then he will keep posting on new guns.

6. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

whats the deal with

kstass1,

I respectfully suggest that you have a talk with Ryan and explain to him that in the "gun culture" a man's word is his bond. If he continues "making deals" and not following through, he will soon find himself unwelcome in circles he might wish to travel in.

I suggest he get back with Mr. Ferrell, if that was his first "deal", and either follow through or sincerely apologize and explain his change of heart.

He also needs to understand that Cabelas is a business with a well-known reputation and they're not going to back out of the deal. E-mails aren't always a top priority, so I suggest a phone call to Cabelas if he has any questions.

I'd like to see this young man continue in the shooting sports, but gaining a bad reputation early on is not something to take lightly.

Regards,

Mark

7. Gary Ferrell

Gary Ferrell Member

whats the deal with

Shawn you need to get your facts straight before you comment.Ilisted a gun for sale as several others did Ryan emailed me on a trade .I then called him on the phone and dicussed his gun with him asking questions about the gun.He had said gun was 90 to 95% but in one of his threads he said 85%.I asked him things about the gun and all answers were postive,then i asked him about the wood and told him i heard the forearms on these guns were bad about cracking it was then he told me the forearm had cracked and they repaired it with JB weld.At that time i made an offer and he refused but said he would trade for $xxx i told him i would call him back, i have an extra forearm so i called him back and followed with email and agreed to his price. Never heard another word from him.I have not talked to Shawn or his room mate but had my dealings with Ryan.Facts are he emailed me wanting to tradE for my gun,i sent him pictures and we agreed to a price difference.He told me he had an offer from Cabela's for $4900.00 but he wanted my gun and a deal was made at his price.The only reason im upset is i had a deal working on a K-80 but i had committed to trade with Ryan ,now the gentleman has sold the K-80.I don't know how many people Ryan made deals with but if this is how he is starting out his life he will be in trouble along the way.If a deal is made wheather you make $1000.00 or lose a $1000.00 on a deal dont make it unless you intend to honor it.
    GRF

8. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

whats the deal with

I thought a Combo was something you bought at MacDonald's?

9. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

whats the deal with

Hey Ryan,
    I sent you the pics of my 687..should be in your queue..let me know where stand on the trade..LB

10. Gary Ferrell

Gary Ferrell Member

whats the deal with

Ryan just wondering how your making deals with other people when you already committed on a trade.I would think yor word is more important than any gun.
    GRF

11. Gary Ferrell

Gary Ferrell Member

whats the deal with

Ryan you just sent me an email stating that you didn't make a deal and you was going to sell your gun outright then you turn around and your trying to tade for the 687 combo listed on TS,i dont care about the gun but be a man and stand up and admit you made a deal and something came along you thought was better so you renigged on our deal.Learn now what it means to be honest and you can go far in life if you don't your in for a lot of uphill battles in life.Your word is far more important than any gun deal.But to each his own.Good luck and i hope you learn something out of this.
    GRF

12. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

whats the deal with

So I guess our deal for the Beretta trade is now OFF???? no biggie kinda figured it would sour....Larry

13. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

whats the deal with

i did a gun deal with pete tryand from cabellas, everything was fine milt luther

14. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

whats the deal with

I hate to say it..but as the last Shotgun Sports Magazine article on internet purchases stated....BUYER BEWARE.....A deal is a Deal..honor it..LarryB

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

whats the deal with

Ryan do they teach how to make paragraph's in school also.

Sort of hard to read the long post.

Fog

16. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

whats the deal with

Ryan, As you can tell from this thread, the gun world is a very communicative circle. And, as many others have said, in the gun world, a man's word is his bond and a deal is a deal. A reputation in the gun world is a little different than many places. An unknown is almost assumed to be honorable. But a bad reputation will be circulated and will follow you.

I know nothing about you or your dealings. But, just reading this thread, it is apparent that you take a rather cavalier attitude about making a "deal." You said: "You made your offer and I said I would need at least $1200 plus your gun, JUST stating what I would like for the trade, didn't know that constituted as an official trade." Young man, not just in the gun trade but in all contract law, "AN OPEN OFFER PLUS ACCEPTANCE IS A DEAL."

Interesting that following your description of two seperate deals you made, one with Mr. Tryand of Cabellas and one with Mr. Ferral, you then troll for a different deal. That is not the way business is done among honorable men.

One other thing. You are a college student. You might try to make sure your spelling and grammar are at least close to proper. If you can't spell or conjugate verbs, then before you post something cut and paste it into a Word or Word Perfect word processor and let it edit for you then re-cut and paste it here. You only have one chance to make a first impression. And, the impression of a semi-illiterate person is probably not what you want to portray.

Best regards and good luck to you, Jake

17. emm2

emm2 Member

whats the deal with

Jakearoo, very well said. Shane

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

whats the deal with

Why don't all you perfect adults get off his back.

Jake I would suggest you go back to school on contract law. Also unless you were privy to all conversations you don't know what was a proper offer and if an acceptance was actually made. To many parts of a deal to make it that simple, I wish it was that simple. The deal is never done until payment is made.

Don

19. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

whats the deal with

BigDon, Didn't know you were a contract lawyer. Regardless of your expertise, my statement is correct as a general statement of law. Its what lawyers call "Black Letter Law." You might try to Google the words "contract offer acceptance." Here are a few sources for you.

"The offeree has the power to accept an open offer that has not been revoked or terminated and thereby create a contract." RIGOS PRIMER SERIES BAR REVIEW, Chapter 3 (A); http://www.rigos.net/Bar_Review/barsampChap.shtml

"A contract is said to come into existence when acceptance of an offer has been communicated to the offeror by the offeree." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offer_and_acceptance

"A contract is formed when one party (the "offeror") makes an offer which is accepted by the other party (the "offeree"). An offer - a proposal to form a contract - can be as simple as the words, "I'll wash your car for you for $5." An acceptance - the offeree's assent to the terms of the offer - can be as simple as, "You've got a deal." http://www.spraguestreetneighbors.org/contract_offer_acceptance.html

Now if you want to get into the details of the offer and acceptance and determine if a court of law would conclude there is a contract then have at it. We can argue how many angels can dance on the head of a pin all you want. I mean, that's why they pay lawyers, right?

Regards, Jake

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

whats the deal with

Jake I wish it all was that simple. I deal with contracts, new and old, all day long. They come in many shapes and sizes. Next you have to add words like reasonable, arms length, prudent man and enforceable. You are not wrong but there is more to it.

Have a good day and shoot some targets.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.