1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wha'ts the BEST trophy you've won?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ajc, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajc

ajc Member

What's the BEST trophy you've won?

There is a current link about how poor some trophies are, but let's put a positive spin on it. What's the BEST trapshooting trophy/award you've ever won?
    ajc

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Not a trophy per se, but a placque thanking me for five years service as a scout leader. That's worth more to me than all my drag racing trophies combined.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Oh, best trapshooting award was a turkey.

4. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

I'm most proud of a belt buckle I won in the preliminary singles at the Delaware State Shoot in 2002. After 24 years of trying, it was my first 100 straight. The memory attached makes it the best, in my mind.

Second best is a boom box I won eight weeks after that for my second and third 100 straights (yes, my only 200 straight).

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

A Cadilac convertable with 2 blondes in it and it was all mine for a month.

Whoops, I thought you were supposed to visualize in this sport.

Don

6. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

The Gold coin thay went with standing brass scroll of five shooters on the line, is pretty cool.

So is the buckle that I put on my belt a couple of days earlier.

The candy jar that I raid everytime I get near my sisters desk where she works isn't half bad.

But the Knife From the AZ state shoot three years ago, My teenage son says he is going to skin his first Deer with that one, that will make it doubley priceless!!!

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> These so far, also won 20lbs of lobster at last sundays shoot...that was a great prize for a small shoot. Took my lewis $$ bought some beer had a great ending to a great day Thanks HSC.

8. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

A card case from Shamrock Leathers. It has become my wallet and is small enough to carry in my front pocket. I like it better than the 4 box bag I won because 4 boxes just aren't enough anymore.

Also got a large pocket knife that rides in my tool box.

And for a local league, I got a pen and ink drawing of our club just for participating. Local artist. I hand loaded targets there as a kid.

These are what I value the most.

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

A new single barrel TMS Perazzi but didn't keep it long ended up putting it in my bill fold.

Fog

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

A belt buckle for coming in first in yardgage class in the backer ( Protecter for you Eastern boys) at the PITA Grand in 2000. Me and my friend Dick broke 109 out of 110 and finshed 3 overall but #1 in our yardage class. The winners broke 120 straight AND NEVER BACKED EACH OTHER. Lost track of Dick when he went on the road to work but still have the buckle hanging over my loading bench. Good Times...... Jeff

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

engraved silver serving dish for a 98 in prelim doubles at the '94 MT state shoot in Great Falls....that Britt Robinson clinic I took there 3 weeks before really worked!

12. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

The very first state shoot trophy I won for D class singles. And no, I have not shot in D since then lol. Working on getting into AA singles and doubles as we speak. Close, but not quite there yet.

That first one meant the most to me though. First time picture in Trap and Field to go along with it.

John

13. gotbass

gotbass Member

team buckle for league and two days later class buckle for singles in PITA shoot. Haven't shot as good since

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Tough to define "best" trophy for me. Most useful was a set of great weight scales I won at my first ATA shoot winning the handicap. The one that stands out memory wise for me was winning a car in Las Vegas in my younger days.Sometimes being lucky outweighs being good. Hap

15. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Sterling Silver bowl.

16. map@neo

map@neo Member

Without hesitation!!! It is a picture of my dad and myself in the 1995 August issue of Trap and Field. He was a "young" 95 years old then and still
    accompanying me at all the shoots. He passed 2 months shy of "100 straight".
    God, how I loved that man. I miss him every day.
    Mike

17. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

my wife

18. map@neo

map@neo Member

Wireguy,
    Very kind of you. Thanks.
    Regards,
    Mike

19. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I have 2 "best" trophies. The first is a large silver serving tray from the 1974 Virginia State Shoot. It was for open class C with 193x200 and it was my first ATA trophy and also the last time I ever shot in C class. Next is my ring from the 1986 GAH. It is getting a little worn from the wear it gets going to shoots but I'll keep wearing it at shoots and shooting related functions. Larry Evans

20. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Very interesting responses. It seem that the best trophies are actually ones that are tied to a particular achievement/milestone. I know I appreciate my trap league AA Champion buckle that took 8 really good scores over 10 weeks more than my others.

For those who always say I want to win money, did you put the $28.75 you won in the lewis class when you shot your first 100 straight on the wall?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.