1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

whats the best sporting gun around

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bladerunners, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bladerunners

bladerunners TS Member

looking for a good sporting gun

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

Cynergy for me.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I love my browning 525 sporting. You can buy them in all 4 ga.'s. But then again their are not to many Brownings that I don't like. Break-em all. Jeff

4. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Browning 525 Sporting for me, I have one in 12 & one in 20......love em!

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

One of the Browning over and unders with screw in jokes. Damn fine gun.

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

MX-8 is my Cadillac, but I also own a Browning 525 which is also a fine gun.

7. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

An Older Rem 1100

Re: the Browning Cynergy - I shoot at a club in CT with a fellow who has one.

It's gone back twice in as many weeks for the rubber recoil pad tearing where the "struts" are, causing the gun to slosh around all over his shoulder making it unshootable.

8. buddy123

buddy123 Guest

After having noted that quite a few sporting shooters switched to Caesar Guerini, I tried one of their "Summit Limited " models.I liked it a lot and purchased one as well.If you have a chance to handle and shoot one, I suspect that you will be impressed as well.In the interim, you could read up on them on the web site.

Pete Giddings- Canada

9. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Rizzini BR320 with 32" barrels first choice, Perazzi MX-2000 Sporter second.

10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The best sporting clays gun is the Beretta Urika 391 semi-automatic. It is shot by more of the top sporting clay shooters in the country than any other gun. They include Scott Robertson, Cory Kruse, Anthony Matarese, Diane Sorrentino (though she shoots the Teknys model) Casey Atkinson, and many others. This, despite the fact that it occasionally malfunctions (like any auto) and you only have one choke for two shots.

It cost around 1/10 of what the K and P guns cost, but is preferred by shooters who could could get one of those other guns for free if they wanted to shoot them.

The advantages of a semi-auto is reduced recoil, identical POI's for both shots, and better visibility of the targets without two barrels to obstruct your vision. The 391 stock has replaceable shims to give some stock adjustment for height and cast. Adjustable combs and custom made stocks are available for those who want them. It cost all of $ 100 to $ 150 dollars to convert the trigger to release/release. fore-end weights, stock weights, additional recoil systems, etc. are all available.

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I too see a lot of the Beretta auto-loaders and in the hands of many of the shooters to beat. But most have implied they are just like a favorite hammer; not a prized tool....Bob Dodd

12. 3200

3200 TS Member

The gun that fits you, and one you enjoy shooting . . . .

13. larryjk

larryjk Member

I'm sure someone will tell me but, what is wrong with a Beretta S686 in the various grades. I have been shooting a Beretta S686 Perdiz for about 20 years and it has never given me any trouble. Hits everything I point at.

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

Larry ... the only "new" Beretta sporting gun left is the 686 White Onyx which is the current entry level competition sporting clay gun for Beretta and is the only competition (non field) gun in the 686 lineup.

It is not a bad gun at all ... I am currently debating on a 686 White Onyx or a 687 Silver Pigeon II or a 682 Gold E trap or possibly sporting clay model for myself.

15. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

687 SPII...........40,000 rounds trap/sproting clay no problems

16. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I'll stick with my 30" Ultra Sporter with a PFS until I can afford a Kolar!

ec90t

17. JRW

JRW Member

Bought my Cynergy sporting 4 yrs back, I use it for skeet mostly. Mine has never been back for any reason. Jerry

18. Chase

Chase TS Member

Perazzi.

Good enough for Wendell Cherry and when Dan "the whore" Carlise had to put his own money up for a gun, he got a Perazzi.

19. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Krieghoff

One gun for trap skeet and sporting

regards from Iowa

Gene

20. larryjk

larryjk Member

GN7777777, What kind of stock dimensions do you have on that K-gun that it fits for trap, skeet and SC? I use my Beretta for skeet, SC, and sometimes quail, but the dimensions are all wrong for trap. I have shot a 16 yard with it occasionally, but never in ATA competition, because of the stock fit. I wouldn't think of using any of my 4 trap guns for the other sports, wrong stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.