1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the Best Metro Area for Trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoking357, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

What

What's the best metro area for Trap?

Most ranges, lowest cost.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Somewhere in the central PA or OH. Both good states with lots of clubs, only problem is the state's excessive sales and real estate taxes.

Curt

3. pdq

pdq Member

Many, many clubs in metro Philadelphia area. Some dedicated to jsut trap, some multi-sport.

Pete

4. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Philly? Really?

5. dennis b

dennis b Member

St. Louis - 6 great clubs within an hours drive (Sparta, Edwardsville, Brittany, KVS, Gateway, St. Louis Skeet and Trap) and then 2 to 3 hours is the Missouri State Grounds.

6. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

There are probably 40 trap/skeet clubs within a 50 or 60 mile radius of Rochester, NY (not in Lake Ontario of course) Larry Evans

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I use to live in the Rochester, NY area as well as near Seneca Lake....where are these 40 clubs located??

8. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Boston--Probably 15-18 clubs within 30 miles. Go figure!!!

9. pdq

pdq Member

Smoking 357:

Absolutely -- Philly.

I live about 40 minutes west of Philly and I shoot at 3 that are within 20 minutes of my house. You can go across the bridge to Pine Valley, and there are more northeast of town. I work about 45 minutes due north of town & there's 1 that's 5 minutes from my office.

Most shoot on weekends and 1 night a week to the point that by going from 1 club to another you could easily shoot 5 to 6 days a week if you wanted.

Clubs everywhere.

Pete

10. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Around Pittsburgh there are probably 40 clubs for shooting, Average price per round is $3. Bulge.

11. rons2

rons2 TS Member

Great Post!!

There must be more!

12. joehunter

joehunter Member

Cincinnati, Ohio and Northern Kentucky has tons of clubs, lots of 3 and 4 trap clubs. Lots of games, Calcuttas etc. You can shoot every night someplace different and not drive more than a half an hour or so.

Joey

13. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

I know Cincy is fantastic for Trap, but I didn't want to lead with that.

I'm surprised about the PA offerings. I thought it was New York State, Part 2.

14. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

Believe it or not, Metro Boston. Almost every town in metro west has a gun club and many have trap ranges. One can shoot trap almost every day of the week once one has payed the various fees and been granted permission by the overlords and masters to own a single barrel shotgun with no magazine.

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Hell, Michigan... Really, honest! trap shooting clubs abound. Registered shoots every weekend at a different club, sometimes two a weekend.

Jim Chapman

Hell, Michigan

16. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

sernv99, I will try to name as many as possible. Many I have heard or know about but have never been to. Larry. Here goes; Albion, A-On, Brockport, Bergen, Holley, Coon Hunters, Conesus, Lima, Mt. Morris, Nunda, Oakfield, 4-Point, 5-Point, Mumford, Newark, Mendon, Shortsville, Falcon, Seneca Lake Duck Hunters, North Seneca, Walworth, Ontario, Outlet, Holfield, Rochester Brooks, Victor, York, Honeoye, Springwater, (Perkinsville was closed by the EPA), Dansville, Big Tree. This is the best I can do in 5 minutes. When I remember more I will list them or anyone else can add to the list. I have shot at at least 20 of those listed. Thanks.

17. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Example in Southeastern Ohio, Wednesday night, Harrisburg Ohio@ Hilltop, Thursday Night@ Athens County Sportsmans Club on Enlow Rd, Friday Night Route 13 Gun Club@ called Charlie Pidcocks, Saturday nights lots of Options, 1st Saturday Night @ Snake Road,2nd Saturday Night,@ Bucyrus, Centerburg Gun Club on Fridays and alternating Saturdays. Sunday, Nelsonville Ohio @ Tri-county Gun Club on Laurel Run Rd 3 miles behing Dee's diner off rt-33. Tuesday night Coshocton, Ohio, Do not know of any on Monday Night. Airport Gun Club Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays, Lancaster, Ohio. McConnellsville Ohio, Saturdays Route 78 5 miles North to signs Turn Right. I know I am forgetting some.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

357; Doing your demographics for your other thread? Please note most of these clubs are out in the country. Of course by your definition those that shoot at them are "hillbillies". Mr. 357 doesn't think to much of country shooters, as he thinks "city shooters" reign surpreme.

Don

19. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

Serv99 and Larry,

Don't forget the Rochester area clubs at: Sodus Point, Seneca Lake Duck Hunters, MacDougal, Canandaigua, Middlesex Conservation, Red Creek, Holley, North Seneca...

Chris

20. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Bigdumbdon, scat. You're polluting another thread with your inaccuracies. It must really irk you to have to visit these cities anytime you want to shoot and have to sit in the clubhouse with all us Jazz and Rock n'Roll fans.

Just be glad that this city sport made it out to the country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.