1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats The Best Double Release

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JONNY D, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

i what to go to a double release but as i dont live in the states i would like some advice on a double release. i need a reliable trigger as i can not just go to shoot ( grand etc ) and get it fixed and my gunsmith is 3000ks away, i want to be able to change ( myself ) from r/r to r/pull to pull/pull.do i have to go to a kolar or allems for this? i am interested in the triggers all the top guns shoot fantastic, i know ive owned and shot most of them, so ill buy the best triggers and a gun to go with them.
    jonnyd.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

What kind of gun?

You mentioned Kolar, so I'm assuming its a Kolar gun. It that's the case, Kolar is your ONLY option for release triggers in the factory trigger group.

Precision Gold makes a trigger for the kolar, but you could almost buy 2 brand new kolar trigger groups for the price of one precision.

3. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

If your planning to change from p/p to r/p to r/r...your best option is to get an Allem's Roller Release, on both triggers. By removing the roller, with a screw driver, you can go back to a pull trigger and keep the feel of the original pull.

You might want to consider a Perazzi, with removable trigger group for your gun. Being 3,000 miles from a gunsmith you will need to do repairs or changes yourself. With a removeable Perazzi Trigger, you will be able to install or remove the rollers a lot easier and changing springs for the trigger will be easier also.

Vern

4. WJN

WJN TS Member

Call Nancy Allem she will hook you up!

Jim

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why would you go to a Dodge dealer to fix a Cadillac? I wouldn't let anyone but Kolar fix that for you. As for being far away from a gunsmith...with Kolar you won't need any changes or repairs.

Allem is a great release for a Perazzi, but not for a Kolar when the FACTORY setup is available. Call Keith. 262-554-0800

Just sayn'

6. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

John Jr. put roller releases in mine today. Very crisp...

7. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Kolor All The WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! joe90t

8. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

You don't say where you live, but if you are in Canada, the go-to guy is Gordy Keller, in Duncan, B.C. His phome number is 250 710 5926.

9. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

i live in western australia here release triggers are few and as release triggers are baned for feild and game ( sporting ) i need to be able to go back to pull pull, at the moment i use a D5 browning for trap an A1 browning for 5 stand and a 391 with release trigers and a spare set of pull trigers for sporting and skeet.i dont have a kolar and have sold my k80 and whould like one gun to do all my shooting with so its the triggers im interested in and ill get a gun to suit the best release trigger i can buy which are interchangeable as not many people use release here and i though feed back from trapshooters would be helpfull.
    jonnyd.

10. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

JohnnyD,

Once you go to a Double Release , believe me you will never go back to pull again.
    I shoot a Double in my K-80 (Phillips Gunsmiths) and a Precision Double in my SC3, Phillips in my 391, the past 3 years and never had a missfire in any gun.
    Used to shoot Release-Pull but went to Double at the 2010 Grand and have never looked back.
    Being from Downunder like you, I know how hard it can be to get good Gunsmithing work done down here.
    Get Kelly to pick you up a Precision from Jim Coons for a Perazzi while he is at the Grand, Jim will show Gary how to change from Release to Pull in no time.
    Approx $2000, but money well spent.

Release Trigger...Sydney Aust.

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

JohnnyD. Only one that I know fits that bill. Perazzi External Selectable and converted to release by Allem

12. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

release trigger, thanks i shoot release pull now as does kelly plus he wont sell me the new black and silver two barreled k80 he has for the cubourd!!! it has release release BUT if he spends lots at the grand which he will for sure he might be tempted then ill get allems to to put hes setup in, or ill do what u said and get a precision for a sc3 but i dont want a new model there just to soft for our red dirt over here,a nice old mx3 high rib with some mods maybe.
    jonnyd.

13. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I have a double release by Kerry Allor on my MX 10RS. It looks like a Reitz Release but with a little upgrade. It is a fine trigger. I have a Reitz, Phillip's, and Allem's double releases also. Maybe it is just me but I seem to shoot them all about the same. Phillip checked them out at the Grand last year, all good triggers. I doubt that my triggers cost me any birds.

I do have a double release by Phillip on my Browning XS Skeet which works great , it just feels a little different than the Perazzi Releases.

Charlie

14. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Allor is the best nuff said

15. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Johnny,
    I agree with Release trigger above. Once you get used to release release, you will never go back. I have an XT with a release-pull done by Phillips that I wish I had gone with a double release. I also have a Blaser combo with an Allems double release. The Allems triggers work good and the gun came with Allems triggers in it. If I had known when I bought the gun though I would of asked for Pat MaCarty's double release. This is based only on the fact that when I first got the gun I was having issues with the triggers that was eventually traced to the Wenig custom Stock. This was done after I thought that the gun had Pat's releases in it adn called and talked to him. He was very friendly to talk to and told me the that they were not his triggers. He did take the time and explain to me what he thought the problem was and that he had seen the same issue with custom stocks on a few occasions. When I called Allem's and asked to talk to the trigger gun smith. The gal on the phone would not let me talk to him and wanted me to send the receiver and stock to them. She was nice enough to tell me that they would not charge me very much to fix the trigge problem I was having. From My talk with Pat MaCarthy I stopped at Home Depot on the way home picked up a sanding kit for a dremel tool. Took the stock off of my gun and after careful measurements sanded the stock down and fixed it my self. Sad to say, but I will NEVER deal with Allem's after the way I was treated with the phone call when I was looking for help. I might add, that the dealer I had bought the gun from had already sent the receiver to Allem's for work three weeks before I talked to the gal at the front desk on the phone.

Jim Bradbury

16. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Does Pat Macarty have a Web-Site? I have only shot releases one time on my friends K-80 (Stratomyer trigger??), and I liked it. I shoot a Perazzi MX series, and have thought a lot about a Double Release.....not sure who to go to, and I live in New Hampshire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.