1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the best Anti Fog for shooting glasses??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalvinMD, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Help me out guys/gals!!Since all my surgeries has left me a bunch weaker I quickly start breaking into a steamy state from the stress of standing in the heat and my heart racing and it makes my Poly carbonate plastic non-script lens of my Decots quickly steam up..even after using anti steam stuff bought from the optical store...Has anyone with a similiar problem found a real super duty long lasting product that works great for them???..I had someone recommend plastic polish like they use on foggy weathered headlight lenses but i think that would be way too abrasive not to mention I don't like the idea of those kind of chemicals near my eyes...wanting to attempt my league for the first time in 5 yrs Thanx! Cal

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

The most effective anti-fog is air space between your head and the lenses all around. Failing that...

"Cat Crap" from CampMor.com

Get the pump bottle, the stuff in the little tubs will freeze in your bag when it's cold and melt when it's hot.<center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

Keller

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Only glasses I had fogging problems with was Oakley Radars. Never did find a good solution after trying all sorts of anti-fogging solutions. Ended up switching to Pillas, haven't had a problem since. Never had a problem w/ Rangers or Decots either, so I guess its all in how the frame fits your face more than anything else.

4. abo

abo TS Member

Rain x antifog for your windshield worke for me Roy

5. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Go to a snow skiing shop...they have great stuff for skiing goggles.

WNCRob

6. CalvinMD

Thanks guys..will look into all these..I have a pronounced nose bridge from a broken snoz gotten in a motorcycle accident..I cant have the comfort and air space from my face too, and its not been as bad of a problem until now when I'm starting back from the surgeries...I start shakin and quakin and start feeling like I'm ready to pass out whenI break into a major sweat ..I'm tryin to work up to shooting two squads back to back since putting away the stool I used to have to shoot from

7. larrycrismond

larrycrismond Member

I bought some stuff which was to be used on the inside of paint ball masks and it has been effective, even in hot and muggy south Florida.

8. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

I use nice and clean lens cleaning wipes. They are individually wrapped towelettes that have an anti fog agent. Just tear one open, wipe lens and pitch. I also keep one in my range bag for cleaning between rounds if I get some junk on my glasses. They're available at most walmarts in the pharmacy.

9. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Go to a "REAL" drug store and get a bottle of glycerin. Rub some on the lens and then polish them dry with a soft, clean cloth. Works on welding helmets, motorcycle goggles, eye glasses and bathroom mirrors, you can do the same thing by rubbing a bar of soap on the lens and then polishing it off, bar soap has glycerin in it.

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

See a doctor. Excessive sweating, easy overheating with exhaustion may indicate a medical problem especially liver issues. My wife went through the same thing for years until a correct diagnosis!!

11. Rem29

Rem29 Member

I was head referee for a major paintball field for 15 years. Paintball masks are notorious for fogging and are THE most important part of gear for that particular sport. Solved the fogging problem years ago by thinking "backwards". Get a mild stick type deodorant anti-perspirant. Do a test prior to hitting the field to assure there will not be any irritation. Apply a small amount to your cheek under your eyes using your fingers. Go mow the lawn or do something else to get a "head of steam" going ( or simply sit around and do whatever...) If any irritation is experienced you can immediately wash it off since you are home.

If all goes well as it probably will, as I never had anyone say they had a problem, the next time you are hitting the field, apply the antiperspirant to the areas covered by your glasses using your fingers. This stops the source of the lense-dew thereby eliminating fogging.

12. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Someone on here suggested dishwashing soap - "Dawn" for one - a few years ago. You wash your lenses with it and do not rinse it off. It seems to work.

Ed

13. CalvinMD

Thanks everyone! Thanks for the medical heads up Andy...when I saw you at Cabelas I know you saw I was really weak and shakey then..I did get checked out and its my heart and the Dr wanting me to do as much cardio as I can take because I was laid up on my back so long with all those surgeries I had...its getting better slowly..hoping the cooling weather will allow me more exercise time that the heat of summer zapped me of all too quickly

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

CalvinMD, find a good doctor who understands your condition. Many do not!!

15. CalvinMD

Will do Andy..I'm seeing a new family Dr as mine is retiring this month so I got to go for an initial exam and to get my records xfered..I'm making myself push a little harder and go further each outing..thanks buddy : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
anti fogging solution for glasses
anti-fog shooting goggles

best anti fog shooting glasses

best anti-fog shooting glasses
best antifog for shooting glasses
cabelas cat crap anti fog
deodorant as an anti-fogging solution
does deodorant help anti fog