1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

+What's it Worth??+

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Beancounter, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Pukey Stagg - not enough information. Back in those years, Colt made a commercial version and a military gun. I am going just on memory, but I recall, the commercial model (marked with a C) had two different finishes. The high gloss version was probably worth twice as much as a standard finish and either one of the commercial models was worth more than the military guns (marked US Property). Don't know about national match from those years. Although I have a couple of nice military guns, I was never a military collector and cannot lend a lot of help. sorry. But I remember this much, in good shape, a commercial 1911 could go 4 - 5 grand plus. The military guns are less than half that.

2. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

1913 National Match? Here's a history of the National Match pistols.

www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/nm.htm

"By 1919 there were National matches, first at Caldwell NJ and then later at Camp Perry, Ohio. Henry "Fitz" FitzGerald, as Colt's representative, did a thriving business at Camp Perry replacing barrels and tuning triggers starting in 1920."

The first National Match Model was introduced in 1932.

John

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Probably more information that you would like without a definitive answer, http://www.m1911.org/m1911dt.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.