Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

whats it worth

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Pull & Mark 
#1 ·
I found a like new in box browning 425 sporting clays shotgun with 32" barrels. The gun has only seen 150 shells fired and is in prestine condition. I wasnt real sure but wasnt 32" barrels a little rare on the older 425 sporters? I dint think they were all that popular until the ultra sporters came out, but i am not sure. anyway the guy wants me to make him an offer and i am not sure what it is worth? any help out there, gun has nice wood but not spectacular. 12ga. Thanks Lee

#2 ·
Lee, according to the 27th edition blue book (two years old now) the 32 inch barrels are no big deal. Gun should have fact. porting on the 12 ga. and Invector plus chokes as well. Disc. making in 2000. Ran from 1995-2001. 100% is @ $1,400, 98% is @ $1,200, and 95% is @ $1,000.Add $231 for factory add. comb. Prices for guns are running a little low right now because the market is a bit flooded by many people sells guns so offer a little lower than listed prices is a good place to start. I think that the 424 is a great gun for that kind of money, you can't go wrong. Good Luck and don't forget to Break-em all. Jeff

#3 ·
I am wanting this shotgun for myself. I shoot an citori xs sporting, and was hoping this 425 would be about the same gun. The best i can get it for is 1100, but like i said it is in cherry condition and only been shot 150 shells. A new or newer used xs sporting is about 1700 the best i can come up with. so to me this seems like a good deal. Do any of yopu disagree? I also found a like new 525 sporter for 1800 bucks. a fella on this site has the gun. that also seems to be a good deal, but there again i think the only real diference between any of the citori sporting guns is cosmetic. Please reply, Lee

#4 ·
Lee, For $1,100 I would like a full assortment of extented chokes for the gun and, or a hard break-down case. Try to get at least one or the other. He is asking top dollar for that gun right now. If you like the fit and shoulders well for you go for it. You might want to try both, 425 & 525 to see which one you like best. Then YOU'LL know which one to buy. Good Luck and let us know how you do. Break-em all. Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.