1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT'S IT WORTH? MT6 Skeet

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gun fitter, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

WHAT

Have an interesting one it's an MT6 Perazzi skeet 27 5/8 " barrels factory choke tubes, split barrels, new type 4 forend, Blued receiver. This is a newer mt6 69,xxx sn range. Smooth blued receiver and non removable trigger like the 2000 sporting. Excellent shape about 95 % gun some blue wear on bottom of receiver.

I'm looking to sell so will appreciate any info as to value as well as any offers.

joe

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The barrels and forend are worth almost as much as the gun... While I see a number around $1500 for the barrel and forend.. I doubt if you'd get more than $1000 for the receiver and butt.. Having said all that.. The gun will probably be in the low 2's.... But.. the reality of it is..It's a vented MX12..which is the same gun...especially with the cat4 forend..and non stripped receiver.. It's worth more than they usually bring.. It's a nice gun.. With an adjustable comb..it would be great for trap too.. with a simple choketube change..

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Thanks Mike. Remember it's a skeet barrel set. I was thinking more like the high two's. As far as i can see it's the same receiver as the MX2000 S fixed trigger sporting gun except for some sculpting and engraving or the old MS80.

I realize this is mostly a trap site and I have little use for a skeet gun myself.

I would probably entertain an offer to buy the barrels outright or swap for a longer set 30 or 32"

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

PBB made a valid assessment. It's a cruel reality check, the gun probably doesn't worth too much more than the type 4 barrel and forend. I say not "too" much because of the barrel length, if it's 29.5", then it really doesn't worth much more than the barrel & forend.

It's difficult to value it without knowing the definition of your 95% condition.

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

95 % 95% remaining original blue no pitting barrels are actually 98+ receiver worn on bottom only. Gun still tight on face wood 100% remaining original finish few minor wood dings 1 scratch original Perazzi glued on pad.

Steve if it's just a plainer version of an MX12 what are they worth? I couldn't find a used one one for less than $5900

I'm not looking for a bottom or fire sale price but expect that as a game gun or as a backup receiver and forend iron there should be considerable value since it is the current type 4 and not the older stripped gun.

I know of several of the striped guns I have seen selling and sold for around $2500. I have never seen one of these newer ones offered for sale so i don't have a good idea about the value.

My thoughts were that the barrels were about $1000 the receiver and forend iron about $1600 and the stock set about $450

Any one really know?

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

You're pretty close in your parts assesmnent.. as a complete gun.. it usually brings less... The barrel is the real drag.. at 27 5/8" long.. but for bunker..or a young shooter..they would be great..

anyone can pick apart anything they want.. Here.. the killer is the MT-6 on the side of it.. If it were polished off.. and MX12 was engraved.. the value would double...even though it's the same gun.. Go figure..?????

I didn't write the prices.. I'm only reporting back.. to answer your question.. Either way.. I don't think we're more than a few hundered dollors one way or the other.. Hard part is a buyer.. There's a great MT-6 on the board.. custom stock,long barrels, excellent condition..that is not bringing $2600.. and I know that gun.. It's just a tough market right now..

All Good.. Mike

7. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

Mike and Steve are right on with their assessment. I have seen several of the newer blued MT6's sell in the low to mid 2's. I bought one myself just like the one you're describing that was in as good if not a bit better condition than you describe, in the low 2's. These later MT6's are a lot of gun for the money in my opinion, but they will not fetch the price of the newer model's, and especially the dropout trigger models. Garrett

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

BTW.. you might look and post the barrel weights...The right numbers might spark certain interest.. Also.. this would be an excellent gun..just as is for Olympic skeet or for a bunker shooter who wanted barrels just a littlt bit shorter than the standard 28.5".. really.. we're only talking less than 1" difference.. All Good.. Mike BTW.. the skeet model is the flat rib..does this gun have a flat rib.. or the 2.3mm ramp rib???

9. Baber

Baber TS Member

The series 1 choke tubes are a down grade. $2250-$2500 is a good number.

Tb

10. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

To compare a MT6 with MX-12 is not exactly correct, MT6 should compare to Granditalia at it's best.

stevew_2008_0303104.jpg

Here's the MX-12 receiver with sculpted receiver, hand engraved border, top tang, trigger guard, and forend iron. It's the most decorated standard grade Perazzi. MSRP is the same as MX-8. One of the most popular models in Europe.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"> Picture7.png </a>

MT6 was an innovative design at the time, build-in selectable trigger, choke tubes on both barrels, and an unique barrel under lug trying to get away from the type 2 type 3 forearm cracking problems.

However, the grooved receiver, non interchangeable barrel with other Perazzis made them very unpopular among Perazzi fans. Situation didn't get much better after they switch to type 4 forend. It's a shame, it was a very good gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is a perazzi mt6 a trap gun or a skeet gun

mt6 perazzi skeet gun

mt6 type 4 trap single

mx4cperazziwhattheyareworth

perazzi mt-6 skeet