1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's it worth? KS-5 Special 32 in.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ric3677, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I am in the process of trying out a Kreighoff KS-5 Special. I need to know what all of the owners of such would give for this shotgun. I want to be fair and yet...money is money. It does not have tubes.

Thanks in advance......Rickyd

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I sold one last year for $2000

it was a regular KS5 -- add 200 or so if you want for the special without tubes

the 32 inch barrel is less in demand than 34

Now owners of them are going to flame here and say it isnt so

use your own judgement-

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Rickyd,

Waht kind of shape is it in? Does the current owner know when the last servicing took place? This info is critical in determining a proper value.

ec90t

4. ric3677

It does have one mark on the stock and other than that it's nice. It has the adjustable rib and comb, and breaks targets well. This is for the wife, who after all these years has decided to shoot. The mark on the stock means nothing to me. Guns are made to be shot and sooner or later are going to have marks. It doesn't make them shoot any worse. OR better.

I dont' know when the last service was.

Thanks for the responses. Rickyd

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Rickyd,

In the $2500.00 neighborhood give or take a little.

The bigger question is, does she like it. KS/KX-5's are notoriously hard recoiling guns. Not all find them this away, but most do.

ec90t

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rick.... I once had a KS5 Special that I shot very well. It only had one problem: It kicked like a Missouri mule! I had to add a counter coil to it to tame it, but once I did that, it was a great gun. I would think that the $2500.00 range, give or take, depending on condition, is fair......Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have actually never found or heard that KS/KX 5 have hard felt recoil-- on the exact opposite- if they fit they are the softest felt recoil single barrels out there

Gene

8. new loader

new loader Member

I don't know anything about these guns, but did see a very nice gun for sale at Sparta. This is what I remember: KS-5 "new special" or similar name. Had adj rib & comb. 3 choke tubes your choice. Was set for release trigger, but they would change it to pull if necessary. Came in Americase. Looked like new, but stock may have been cut, seemed a little short for me, but maybe not. Price on the tag was $2495, which seemed reasonable to me. However, I do not know anything about these guns & I decided to stick with what I know. Still, I have a nagging feeling I should have checked into it further.

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Just sold a nice one with tubes and release for $3,100. Sold another one last year in 34" with same for $3,700!!

10. ric3677

I want to thank everyone for helping me out on this one. Keep the responses coming.

Have a great weekend and try and shoot some clays.......Rickyd

11. ric3677

12. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Richard, find another on like that for me. Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.