1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's in your bag?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by zzoom, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzoom

zzoom Member

What

My wife is always laughing at things I keep in my shooting bag. She insists I don't need bug spray to shoot in the winter, the gunsmithing tool kit, 3 different choke tube wrenches or 4 different types of hearing protection. No need for the programs from last two state shoots or the official ATA rule book. What items do you have in your bag that are not "necessary or ever needed"?

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a note from my wife telling me all of the things I don't need in my shooting bag ... Key word (MY) ...

I put a note in her purse telling her of all the crap she has in there that she don't need and she has never said another word about it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

WPT... BINGO!

best regards all,

Jay

4. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

If anyone other than myself were to go through my shooting bag they would probably get some kind of disease! I don't get sick because I have built up immunities to whatever pathogens live in there.........Uncle Sam, Pa.

5. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

Two of the most important items are a spare cigar cutter and a spare lighter.
    I hate to be caught without one.
    Bud Edwards

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have all kinds of stuff in a shooting bag which stays in the trunk of the car. My carry bag holds 4 boxes of shells, one extra set of shooting glasses and a few spare shells.

7. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

There have been times when I've thought the shells were unnecessary. ...grin

8. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Like MikeTMX I have a large bag in my car that has my vests, cleaning rags, Remoil, grease, tools, spare parts, earplugs, glasses, gloves, spare shells, etc.

I have a smaller bag that I take to the line that holds my shells, a Perazzi spare parts kit and some different shades of lenses. Plus a Gatorade and a rag to wipe my face.

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

...a bottle of mosquito repellant to chase bugs and a can of bathroom spray to chase smokers...

Keller

10. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

A nice pair. Jeff

11. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Well here in Aus we don't carry a bag to the line as we only ever shoot 50 birds before coming off.

But the kit in the trunk has everything including-
    headache tablets, lip balm, sunscreen with built in insect repellant, ear muffs and ear plugs ( for cold and hot days), waterproof coat, muller choke tubes, pilla glasses and lenses, hoppes gun blaster, rags for wiping off water, shooting vest, spare sweater, spare cap, small spare towel, deodorant spray and a water bottle.

I bought a camera bag that it all goes in which is perfect as it has small padded sections to keep everything organised too.

12. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Just my various pairs of Decots, extra loose ammo, ear plugs, shooting gloves, my ATA cards and cleaning stuff....I don't own choke tubes.

13. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

A bunch of dirty earplugs rolling around in the bottom. disgusting..Bill

14. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I don't have any checkering on my painted PFS grip. So, I carry bowling ball grip powder. It works great. A swiss multi-tool, and lens wipes. Plus the usual.

15. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I have a separate satchel for clothing. My shooting bag stays in my truck and it is my everything bag. Everything I might need, no matter the time of year, every repair I might have to make, everything that within reason could happen I have stuff in that bag to get it dealt with. Medical, comfort, mechanical, you name it. I think there's even a military wound bandage in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.