1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's Going On In Utah?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by j2jake, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Why not go to someone in the Utah Trap Assn or a local club thats in the know. IMHO a National Fourm is not the place to air such busniess. Welcome Newbie. Jake

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Hell, ain't no sense in beating around the bush. Just sign up and jump right in head first and "cut to the chase". LOL

3. 548

548 Guest

No apology necessary. There is nothing wrong with your question. Someone in the know will chime in shortly I'm sure. These association members serve us, and use our money to function, your question is absolutely appropriate. In my opinion.

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

MX10Newbie: 548 is right, no apology needed IMHO, after all this is a trap related site and we ALL were newbies at one time. Don't go away with a bad taste in your mouth, if we can't be civil to each other here,,,, this site will die. Consider this question as a 1st try, keep looking you will get an answer, probably right here. Also sorry I can't shed any light on your ? but I'm from Ga. and not a died in the wool trap shooter, just a shooter & ATA life member since 1987. I've also been jumped on before on this site but sometimes you just have to consider the source. Ross Puls

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

MX10,

I was just jerking your chain. Kind of testing your skin thickness so to speak. Ain't that right 542?

6. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

I sent you a PM with a link to the information you are asking about.
    GaryL.

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

You are a better person than I am and I would not have apologized. It's a valid question and at the end of the day the truth hurts don't it. Maybe he needed a new truck or gun. Lol

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Paula: Tuff'in up your skin if your going to post on this site. The crowd here, can be brutal, but, generally OK. You can learn a lot about anything you desire, especially Trap Shooting. Some very smart if not glib and hard nose people post here.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I agree it is a fiar question. He offered nothing that was gosip, just looking for facts

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Just read the rules.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I see she (MX10newbie) ignored the rules of having to post her picture also ... Newbie's ain't what they used to be, thats fot sure ... WPT ...(YAC) ...

12. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

I used to live in Utah and would be very interested in the link discussing
    this.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Uh ohhhhh... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. Csorensen

Csorensen Member

MX10,
    The information about it is in the meeting minutes on our website. I am the new President of the USTA, and the issue has been resolved. We are glad we found it when we did, but a few things that helped was the USTA did infact have a fidelity bond in place to cover most of the theft. It was turned over to the Police dept, and they have filed charges against the individuals.

The important thing to know is that the association is ok and is moving forward. We have an amazing State shoot coming up in June that will have a $20,000 trophy package and $50,000 in added money. Our new administration has the problem resolved, cleaned up, and building a better system that will prosper and protect shooter funds for years to come.

All USTA information including financial statements are available at Utahtrap.com
    Thanks,
    Chad Sorensen

15. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

I can vouch for this Chad Sorenson character, great guy to have on your sqaud, just putting it black and white "dam good people". Scott

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Chad/Leslie, as the new President and Treasurer, good job of protecting the Utah shooters money!! Well done!

Before the law is done with these two crooks, I'd file suit for the money and applicable interest be returned also?

Hap

17. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Paula,

You have what may be your first private message.

Rollin

18. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

Agreed - Chad was a good pick to lead the Utah board. His team will work hard to keep us in the black. It saddens me to think someone would take "my" funds for their own personal use. I look forward to the upcoming trap season. Happy New Year! John

19. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I hope his leading the State doesn't affect his shooting. One of the good guys for sure along with Scott Hoover.

Rick in MT

20. MX10Newbie

MX10Newbie TS Member

Newer link below.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.