1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's for dinner? Turkey or Venison

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mr.M, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

What

Yes this could (and may soon) be shooting related. My friend Tom Larkin from southern California keeps asking me why I live in Oregon. Here are a couple reasons why.

This was my view out of the family room windows last night.

[​IMG]

Little 30 acre patch with the mowing crew hard at work. Great group in that they don't ask for any pay and they trim and fertilize at the same time. Black tail in case you're wondering.

[​IMG]

Just to the left of the mowing crew were the actors in the Oregon version of West Side Story. You know - Boys chasing girls acting like they aren't interested.

[​IMG]

Boys conversation - Mine's bigger than yours is! Girls conversation - Aren't as many bugs in the grass as there were last year - must be that darn global warming.

[​IMG]

This dumb-ass has been out in the rain too long!! Look closely at the two figures that he's courting. Couple of our Canadian "Turkey" friends at least one of whom is a guy. Oh, the humanity. Always gotta be one idiot trying to bridge the species gap.

[​IMG]

After a good night's rest, the same crew back hard at work trying to impress the ladies. I guess "Barry" didn't do to well with that cross-species experiment. Notice that he's back pursuing his own kind. Meanwhile, back in the meadow...................................

[​IMG]

Mow, mow, mow, fertilize. Mow, mow, mow, fertilize. Same old shxx!

Submitted for your entertainment. Mike Mann

2. Mr.M

Tommy,

You're probably right. As I walked out the door this morning on the way to the wood milling operation, Betty Ann commented that I was starting to look like a real Selma-ite. I took it as a compliment, but I don't think that's the way she meant it. Next time you're shooting at Medford, you'll have to come over and introduce yourself to Dumb-Ass and the crew.

Mike

3. Mr.M

Mike,

Got a five inch irrigation pipe running 3/4 of a mile through the property. The "red light district" markers are my way of telling the wife "Don't mow here!" Last time, she mowed off the reflector AND the 3 inch riser but was smart enough to leave the brush hog covering the geyser 'til I got the water shut off at the reservoir.

Gotta laugh,

Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.