1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what's da grease in da little jar from krieghoff?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quartering, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

what

all of the big name makers give you one with the gun: that little, plastic vial of their secret gun grease with their logo on the label. what is it? it can't be that big of a secret! thanks

2. Larry/Oh

Larry/Oh TS Member

I believe that is to lube your hinge pins.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

It is a rather thick grease with strong adhesion properties. The adhesiveness makes it a little more difficult to clean than some other lubes. It appears to be very similar to the general purpose grease sold at my Wall Mart for $1.50 a tube. One tube should last a typical shooter around 40 years if he only uses it for his gun. I prefer a grease that is a little thinner and easier to clean off of the gun. Keeping clean grease in the gun is much more important than the type of grease used for the gun.

Pat Ireland

4. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

We used to call unidentifiable greases "bear snot."

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

It is Army surplus rifle grease left over from the cold war, bought in bulk then repackaged for your pleasure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.