1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's an ANNUAL ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

What

I'm thinking about attending the Grand to walk through the vending area(s) and
    enjoy the atmosphere. Was thinking about calling Krieghoff in Ottsville to schedule an "ANNUAL" on my Krieghoff K32 San Remo five barrel set. I've heard the cost is about $325 plus parts if any are needed - can anyone advise what an "ANNUAL" actually is ? Do they open it up, take a look, and close it back up if they don't see anythting . . . . . or do they change all the springs plus . . . ?

I am having a little trouble with the top ejector not working correctly - will they look at that as part of the $325 charge ? I don't believe I shoot the gun enough each year ( less than 5,000 rounds ) to have this done on a yearly basis, but thought it might not be a bad idea especially in light of the ejector issue. I suppose the alternative is to have someone like Ernest Marlette take a look at it. However, since I'm going over there anyway thought I could throw it in the car and save the two way shipping costs.

Thanks.

2. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

When Mr.Marlette does an "annual" he completely disassembles the gun and when its finished,it feels like a different gun!! He has worked on 5-6 of my K80's and Perazzi's and I would recommend him 100%. He has also looked at a few of mine and told me they didn't need anything done at the time.
    If you are not shooting a bunch of targets per year,you may only need it done every 2-3 years as long as you properly clean and maintain it.
    If you have the work done at The Grand,be sure the gun is right before you leave.
    If you want to talk further,PM me with your phone# . Paul in Virginia

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Krieghoff charges $225 + tax for the "Annual."

Just had mine done on Tuesday. As far as I know they take the stock off, re-spring it, clean it, re-lube it, and generally check the function and condition of all the parts.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Don't know much about the K-gun except it's kind of complicated like most German made products.

A target gun is, a target gun, not something you depend your life on it, if something breaks, it's only an inconvenient, not life threatening. Why you want to spend $250~300 annually just to check it up?

If you don't do so, then something breaks in five years and it cost you $1000 to fix (not likely), you are still ahead.

I would spend the money on shells.

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Typically, you don't spend it annually. They recommend it after about 20,000 rounds. I've put about about 30k through mine since the last check-up.

Did the same thing with my Browning. It's called preventive maintenance.

YMMV

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I have a K80 and all of a sudden I could feel / thought maybe something was different in the trigger. I had them go through it "Annual" and it was a new gun. Thank you Ottsville, great job.

7. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Amboy,

If you plan to drive to Sparta, to have your K-32 serviced, you better call Krieghoff in Ottsville to get an appointment time. Also the K-80 annual is $225,the K-32 annual is $295.

David McMillen

8. amboy49

Thanks all for the response(s). I've called Ottsville and have an appointment for Friday to have the "annual" done and have them specifically look at the top ejector on each of the four skeet barrels not functioning properly. The ejector on the trap barrel seems to be working as it should.

It should be interesting re: the cost since this is a K32 but will all updated K80 internals that were previously done prior to me purchasing the gun.

On a side note, I learned of a potential issue today when talking with some folks. My gun has a number of gold items added to the receiver by Bill Main to include a gold "broken target" on the top latch. Bill does really great work and his cost for this part is considerably less expensive that the Krieghoff factory gold target top latch. A friend told me today that he knew of a gun that the folks at Ottsville worked on that had the Bill Main gold broken target top latch. When the gun came back after other repairs, the gold top latch had been removed and replaced with a standard top latch. The gun was in some way altered so the Bill Main top latch would no longer fit. Keep in mind this is a little like " heard it from the brother-in-law of a good fried who knows the janitor of a second cousin twice removed at the Krieghoff building." Hope this is just a rumor and not what actually happened. If I can attach a couple of pics you'll get an idea of what I will be having worked on.
    amboy49_2008_03038.jpg

9. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

It is an annual waste of money that keeps some German's happy. You could buy a really nice new gun every four years for the pice of an "annual". Really makes sense to me. Funny how a gun that is so well made needs an "annual". To each his own.

10. amboy49

Here are a few more pics for those who might like them. They further show what a wonderful craftsman Mr. Main is. The stockwork was done by Wenig.
    amboy49_2008_03039.jpg

amboy49_2008_030311.jpg

amboy49_2008_030312.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.