1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's a good entry level trap O/U?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Colonel Reb, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

I have a Remington 870 trap and the 1100 trap, but was thinking about getting into my first trap double. What should I get? Browning Citori XT? What is out there in the 1500-2500 range?

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

1500/2500 is a great range, lots of great used guns and new also. Start shooting different guns. For what ever reason All the XTs I tried just felt right and shot nice. I bought a used XT with americase for 1500.00 love it.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Colonel:

The XT is popular with our guys - a lot of gun for the dough.

Jay

4. chessney

chessney TS Member

I bought a Citori for $1000. three years ago.I ran 1000's of shells through it with no problems. Great gun.It's pretty heavy though...Ziggy

5. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

IF YOU LIKE REMINGTONS, A 3200 WITH THE UPGRADES WILL RUN YOU 1000-1400 DEPENDING ON CONDITION/WOOD

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

You have a realistic budget to work with. You will receive all kinds of advice and opinions. The best bet is shoot and compare the Browning XT and the Beretta 682, (or any 68X series). They are well within your budget and are both well made good guns. I prefer the Beretta, but again that's just an opinion. Bottom line; try before you buy. Good Luck. Ed

7. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

There is a Perazzi Grand Italia which has been posted on here for a while for $3,000. Now that gun does not have drop out triggers but possibly you could negotiate a deal on it.
    If you are not in a hurry, you can find a Perazzi for under 3 grand.
    Jake

8. fly

fly Active Member

got a 34" unsingle Perazzi MT6 for sale.

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I've been looking at the Winchester Select Energy trap, ported and backbored barrels, invector+ tubes, case, nice wood, hi-viz sights, made by FN, $1800.00 to $2000. new. Wayne

10. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

I am partial to the Remington 3200, I have owned two or three over the years and loved every one of them... I am currently down to just one though.. having upgrated to a Kolar Combo, cant beat the remington 3200 in my opinion.

I also owned one of the original Winchester Selects that i used for sporting clays.. that was a good gun for the money, but i traded it straight up for the 3200 I have.

Find what fits you best and shoot the hell out of it.

HT

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Colonel Reb, Wayne above has a another good choice as well. It is important that you like the feel of the gun you buy. So try as many as you can at one or more of the clubs you shoot at. Do not overlook the SKB 85tss as well. Another very good gun for the money. The customer service at SKB is one of best in the counrty. Resale might be off a little from the others mentioned above. A Good buy if you can find a used one, you can't go wrong. Good Luck on finding one. Hope this helps you out some. Break-em all. Jeff

12. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Colonel Reb,

I put the Perazzi Grand Italia up for sale on this site for a friend of mine for $3000, if you would be interested in that, let me know and I will get you the URL for the thread, pictures, contact info for my friend, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.