1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What's a Chain Shoot??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Did a search and came up with no real description.

Thanks for the insight!

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

It is for instance say in the winter time several clubs will host the shoots say in florida and people travel from one club to the other and shoot the chain shoots myself I never been to them but im sure others will give more info.

I was wondering if there was an overall trophy giving for shooting all of the clubs or not or is it just like an everyday indivual shoot that is what I figured it was really just an indivual club shoot.

Foghorn

3. grammie

grammie TS Member

Let me give you an example of an Arizona Chain Shoot,,,,Lets say it starts off at Red mountain,,,they shoot for a week,,,people from all around the country attend,,,many from other countries,,,I have shot against COPS/individuals from England,Canada,and once a Russian,,from Alaska,,Hawaii,,all over!!! Even a turbin wearing Indian,,,dosen't matter,,they are shooters,,,You shoot for a week,,,and then everyone goes to lets say Casa Grande,,,,I used to shoot with Cowboy Rick and Curto,,,,He would have lobster sent in from Maine,,Damn we had a time!!! The on to Tucson,,Phoenix,,,and then a trip to Lake Havasu,,Double Adobe,,this went on for MONTHS!!! And then you have Munson telling his stories,,Big Leo,,Ray Stafford,,Bonillas,,Daro Handy,,Hell,,,I have shot against the best in the world on many occasions...I shot so much,,,I got tired of shooting,,physically TIRED!!!! One week after another,,,thousands of targets,,,Lots of money changing hands,,lots of good,,world class competition,,,that is a chain shoot,,Arizona Style......

AKA Grammie.......

4. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Here in California...we have 19 winter chain shoots in the 2007 target year...all the winners are listed and there is a concurrent event held in conjunction with a handicap shoot at the state shoot the score that is highest among the winners of a Winter Chain buckle will recieve a beautiful gold coin buckle as Champion of Winter Chain Champions.....Kym Hughes

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Thanks grammie and rmngtngrl for sheding more light on the subject I didn't relize it was for the whole week at 1 club but it does make sense because im sure most have motor homes and travel trailers to set up and a day or 2 would be a waste of time to shoot.

foghorn

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Well, it doesn't have to be a whole week, Foggy, for example most of the Winter chain shoots in CA (at least when I was there) were only typical, 2 day, weekend shoots, 500 birds. The shoots can be treated as any ordinary weekend shoot or if one attends enough of the shoots, he may garner special prizes/trophies for his combined placement against others doing so....breakemall....Bob Dodd

7. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

yeah the california shoots are all through out the shooting year..... the "winter Chain Event" is usually the final handicap on Sunday of a 2 day shoot.... hope this helps....

8. JRW

JRW Member

I think most of the chain shoots that run for a week, are in AZ or FL. This is where alot of retired shooters reside or visit. Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.