1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whatever happened to Booge Mercer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by VNVET, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VNVET

VNVET Member

I'm sure many of you Calif. shooters know who she is and I'm wondering if she is still with us and what she may be doing these days. She had a sister who was a shooter but I can't remember her name. In those days there was no club house, just a trailer, and Booge ran everything along with her Brother-in-Law. I think there was only two skeet fields and three trap fields and a few kids pullin' and loading the machines. After checking out the pictures on their website it sure looks different now.

Jim

2. david

david Member

She passed away 7 or 8 years ago and Jim Mitchell bought the range and put a large amount on money in to it. I believe they have 8 trap and 3 skeet fields a huge sporting clays course, large club house, kitchen, bar, and proshop. Also a pistol range.

3. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Wow, she was a character...could certainly hold her own on or off the trap field. She was Ca. State Womens Singles Champion in 1968. She ran a fine club.

Any of you California shooters remember the club in the foothills, it was either Coarsegold or possibly Bishop? We shot targets against the hillside which was a reddish brown color just below the pine tree line...wow, talk about hard to see. And three hole targets of which were never turned down...lol. Warm memories of hitting the weekend shoots with a buddy, our girl friends, and a case of new AA (20 boxes per case thank you). As with most clubs in rural areas, when a turkey shoot was held, you better get out the roman candles as things was just beginning about the 35-40 yard line. And can't remember anyone blowing up their gun either.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Boogies sister was Chris. She married George Baldy. Boogie didnt have any problem telling you which side the bread was buttered on, But she also had a good heart. She was a good shot and shot many targets at Golden Valley at the airport..

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I believe she is mentioned in the recent book by Phil Ross as "tough but fair"...a well respected and colorful lady; passed away a few years ago. I wondered if she were related to the performer/musician Mercer?

6. VNVET

VNVET Member

I have many fond memories of Oak Tree in those days. The club had lights and was open several nights during the week and me and several buddies were regulars shooting Trap, Skeet, Continental, or whatever game we could come up with to have fun. There was always some colorful characters hanging around. John Milius always had the most beautiful guns, Dub Taylor and Arnold Swartzeneger unloading their guns from the trunk of Dub's Rolls Royce. Terry Bilby when he was thin.........and many others. I wish I could remember their names. Bower Wholesale was where I bought my AA's, I'm sure they are long gone. I also wish I still had the Browning Broadway. I wish I had the eye-sight I had back then. Thanks for the memories!

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

booge mercer