1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Perazzi_MX8, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

I shot the Autumn Grand last year in Tucson and found it to be the best. The facilities are very nice and the grounds very well maintained. Nice comfortable atmosphere to sit and relax with friendly people. This shoot is extremely well run and they have plenty of help that is always willing to smile while directing you to where you need to be or answering questions. I had a great time down in Arizona and plan to attend the next Autumn Grand again. Management goes the extra mile to see it runs smooth by having well trained staff. I was asked daily how the staff was treating me and if I had any needs that were not met. Great experience as an unknown shooter from another state.

Where is the best one you have been to?

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Hartford Gun Club, Hartford, Connecticut. Well-set orange targets against huge dark green mature trees about 150 yards away. They MUST be easy to see - I had a 200 the only time I shot there!

Ed

3. TC1100

TC1100 TS Member

Rattlesnake-Benton City, Washington.

4. 13ga

13ga Member

Dixie Trap, Montgomery Ala. THE BEST

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Rend Lake Shooting Complex in Southern Illinois. The guys who run it(Larry and John) put on a first rate shoot. They are both on the line with the shooters the whole time making sure everything runs smooth.

My second place club is Edwardsville Gun Club. A historic old club in a good setting and another one with guys who put on a great shoot.

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My 2 favorite clubs are Calgary Firearms Center (Alberta)....fabulous background....and Great Falls, MT....because I've shot some good scores there...

Ron Burr

7. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Kigsburg, Ca. is pretty high on the list:)
    avaldes_2008_030335.jpg

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Calgary....

9. TF

TF Active Member

Airport Gun Club, back in the 70's when Paul Butterbaugh ran it. Perfect targets, good food, prompt posting of scores and it was a real hoot to be in a shoot off there when I rarely could get lucky. Charming wife Elsie and the grounds seemed to always look like a well cared for country club. Don't know anything about it now, haven't been there in over 30 years.

Tom Frazer

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Nothing comes close to the Grand at Vandalia. Lots of memories

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

It's a club that's long gone. It was a little 1 trap club that shot games on Friday night. They threw targets for me that were the size of garbage can lids. I always shot well there. What a perfect way to start the weekend. Get off work at 5, start shooting at 7 shoot till 10:30 win enough money to pay for your shooting, and a couple of beers at the tavern on the way home. Now that was living!

12. Robb

Robb Member

ATA homegrounds in Vandalia. Nothing will ever come close.

13. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

MTA home grounds at Linn Creek, MO. Nothing comes close.

14. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Jackson Hole Trap Club, Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The background was the Gran Teton mountains. It closed in the 80's when they expanded the Jackson Hole
    airport and needed the land. Sounds like Vandalia, doesn't it.

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Tucson's hard to beat. Autumn Grand there too.

16. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Monroe sportsmans Club in North East Ohio, Why, the background is the same at all 5 traps, and before each ATA shoot the height is set and also the speed. The grounds are perfect, All wads , and broken birds are gathered up each week. The ATA shoots are run by Sara Dean and her brother Adam By the way Sara is the OSTA Vice President and soon to be The President. Thank you Sara, Adam, and their Dad Ron for ALL you do.

Trap-4

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The absolute "best" gun club I ever shot at was a little country place called "McCown's" in Newman, IL. It was like going back in time. It was carved out of their beautiful farm owned and operated by Georgie and Chuck McCown. I've never seen a shoot run better or felt more welcome anywhere else.

Chuck and Georgie really knew the game and tended to every detail. A wonderful flash from the past. The McCown's now live in our memories in the Illinois Trapshooting Hall of Fame.

18. drgondog

drgondog Member

Dallas Gun Club for me.

500 acres, 12 Skeet, 9 trap, International Skeet on demand, phono pulls, automatic 5 stands, automatic International bunker, Powder pigeon, Helice/ZZ Bird, Underground loaded box flyer rings, Really nice club house with lockers/dining and bar overlooking Bunker and Flyer rings, two major 15 stand Sporting Clays courses, Rifle/Pistol Range with motorized target retrieve - air conditioned..

Bill

19. Advsporttech.com

Advsporttech.com TS Member

Agreed about Hartford gun club. Phenomenal background complete with the roaming turkey, deer and coyote to stare at while shooting. Certainly takes your mind off the targets.

Chris

20. greengael

greengael Member

Another vote for Hartford. The trap background is outstanding and the staff is first rate. It's my second stint as a member, It is a little pricey according to some but worth every cent, imho.