1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what year browning tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

What year did Browning go the the plus tubes

2. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

It depends on the model. Standard Invector chokes were discontinued in 1993, and most guns switched to Invector Plus in 1994. There were a few guns, however, that had Invector Plus chokes prior to this. Garrett

3. dbl20

dbl20 TS Member

One of our shooters has a (like new) Citori Trap made in 1988 with Invector Plus tubes. Jon Sharp

4. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

doubt that

5. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

Jon, I have to question whether the barrels on your friends gun are original. My Blue Book states that Standard invector chokes were standard in 1988 and Invector Plus chokes became an option in 1992 and then became standard in 1993. Garrett

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I did not intend to start a war but I do appreciate the feedback from all of you.

7. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

Jim, my statement was merely made about the Citori Trap model specifically, not all of the other models Browning offered in this time slot. I am just going by what the Blue Book states, as well as what I have seen in my personal experience. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, merely having a conversation. Garrett

8. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

All good Jim. Discrepancy usually makes for good conversation. Garrett

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.