1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What yardage do I shoot from???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pyrdek, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I have my regular ATA card for 2012. That is the one issued back in September, I am listed as being on the 22 yard line. I took a look at the ATA Shooters Info Center and that has me on the 20 Yard line, So far I have received nothing in the mail, either Postal or E-mail, informing me of the 2 yard reduction.

Now I am hoping to make a shoot this weekend and when I am asked what yardage I am, I don't know what to say. Do I put one foot on the 20 and the other on the 22? That would be a most unusual stance for me.

Realistically, with the number of Handicap targets I have shot in the past several years, I don't think it would make any difference but I don't want to get some kind of warning or sanction for not shooting from the correct yardage. Hence my question.

2. Donm

Donm Active Member

From everything I have heard until you get a new card in your hand you shoot from the yardage you were assigned up till now.

3. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

Donm has it right. Untill you have the new card in you hand stating your new yardage, you will be shooting from the yardage on your current card.

Jason in PA.

4. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Well it looks like I will be staying put on the 22. Thanks for the info.

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

pyrdek,

Just contact your Delegate. Get an email from him confirming your reduction. Print it out.

Print out your Shooter Info Center "Printer Friendly" sheet showing your reduction.

Take both of those sheets to the shoot this weekend. (Ref.: Rule VI, F, 1, 2nd sentence.)

You shouldn't have any problem being classified at your reduced yardage.

All Delegate confirmations have been in the ATA's system for more than 10 days. If your Delegate had wanted to deny your reduction offer, the SIC would show you at the 22 yard line.

Scott Hoover

ATA Delegate, Utah

6. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Thank you Scott,

With the way I shoot and the number of targets I have been able to squeeze in the past years, I don't think it will matter whether I am on the 20 or the 22. I can miss them from both spots :-( But I have sent Frank Pascoe (PA delegate) an e-mail as you suggest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what yardages do they shoot trap at