1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you rate your club on?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunshoot, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

2. rocko

rocko Member

About 3 years ago the Board of Directors polled the membership and found the #1 issue was cleanliness of the clubhouse and grounds, #2 was almost a tie between target quality and friendly Manager/staff. I think there were 70 or so of 200 responding, all but a few signed the questioner.

3. Shawn

Shawn Active Member

When I go to a club for a ATA or fun shoot.

The two things that are important to me are:

Set the best legal target you can for the weather conditions.

Start on time and keep it moving.

Additionally, good food is always a plus as are a clean clubhouse and grounds

Shawn

4. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

Ditto on what Shawn said...

Quality targets is 1'st

Clean Clubhouse and Grounds 2'nd

Freindly People 3'rd ( Priceless )...

Robert

5. clyslr

clyslr Member

Doesn't anybody consider price? Our club just went from $3.00 to $3.50! Every year we have fewer shooters. Soon only the rich will win a trophy. I guess thats their game.

Clayslayer(Dennis)

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Throwing targets that the customer wants-

1) properly set targets

2)quality targets--throw the same targets that are thrown @ the Grand for all ATA shoots

3) clean rest rooms

4) clean parking area

Phil Berkowitz

7. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold Active Member

Start the shooting on time!!!!!
    Speed up the squading process.
    Well set targets.
    Minimal delay between events.
    Well trained Trap Help.
    Oh! Did I mention to start the shoot on time?

8. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

Thanks guys. This is great! Anything else?

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned

Starting shoots on time is easy if shooters would sign up on the first squads. That is usually not the case so instead of blaming themselves they blame the club!!

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Banned User Banned

Targets would be important, but I find the way that all shooters are treated really matters. It seems the nicer the people are that are running the program the friendlier the shooters seem to be to each other. Also if it is a pleasant attitude from the beginning if there are delays or problems, people seem to be more accepting. Socializing after the shoot is important here in Wisconsin, so having the clubhouse and grounds being clean and attractive, along with comfortable seating, and ample rest rooms is nice.

11. ctreay

ctreay Member

I don't think we have had a squad 1 at our club for a couple of years.

ctreay

12. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Friendly staff, clean, good food, start on time and keep shoot flowing smoothly

13. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Great target setting, changed for weather as needed and set to ATA specs.
    Clean building, clean rest rooms
    Management that talks to shooters welcomes each shooter and thanks the shooters for coming, asks how the shoot is going throughout the day.
    Posts scores rapidly, good pullers, quick shoot turn arounds,fast trap refills, good food.
    Nice valuable trophies that are unusual to all other clubs.
    Fast and efficient pay outs and posting to the ATA website.
    Informational bullitins on other or future shoots. Free or reduced cost refreshments and most of all SMILE!

Primedust
    Minnesota

14. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Well set targets.........

..........that's what you're selling, if you don't provide that the rest don't matter.

John C. Saubak

15. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

To me, the most important thing is a friendly and helpful management staff. If there is a problem, having the people in charge act friendly and willing to correct the problem.

I have stopped going to certain clubs in my area because if there is a problem and you ask for help to correct it, you are treated like you are asking for bread from the soup Nazi. "No shooting for you"!
    Steve Balistreri

16. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The first thing I rate a club on is whether they pay for fixed expenses with the members dues. This in turn keeps the cost of a round of trap low. HMB

17. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

Financial responsibility to keep rates where less fortunate people can shoot. Not too much emphasis on luxurious facilities, just basic, clean and well-managed. I think too many higher-ups have the belief that if you can't pay then don't play but they fail miserably in understanding where their money really comes from.

18. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

We start @ 8:30 sharp. We monitor squadding so that there is no overlap. You can't be on the last squad of singles and the first squad of caps. When the last squad of singles moves off of field 1 (50 per field, 5 per post take 2 boxes out with you unless it's very hot and then take 5 min. water break between the 25's)we turn the event and give a 5 minute call for the 1st squad of caps. There is NO delay between events except for the 5 minute call. We had several complaints from shooters accusing us of "herding" shooters thru the program but after they'd been to several shoots their opinion changed. They actually thanked us for not dragging it out all day long. We shoot 300 targets with usually 50+ shooters and take a 20 minute break at lunch. We're always wrapped up with the main program by 3:30 or 4pm. (doesn't include shootoffs)

Bottom line....efficiency. Smooth, organized and seamless.

19. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Shun the ego maniacs---They represent 10% of membership and think they should run the club---I'v seen folks leave because of the ego minded trapshooters---If the rest leave because of them you could close the doors---Forget the good food and clean restrooms.---JMO----George@SJB----

20. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

1) Start on time

2) Set good targets ( unless the weather changes) Donot reset for the wanna be All Americans or the All-Americans. First squad shot em every one else can to unless the weather change to make them outlaw.

3) Advertise what your going to do and do it.

4) Keep it affordable I like to see the youth shoot so keep it so they can.

5) Try to get the community envolved, Muti-day shoots First day trophy could be a simple as Local Bar gift Certificate, We as shooters like food and drink.

On #5 It is just wrong that we a shooting community don't envolve the local bussiness in what is going on and the money shooter spend, They don't want to help with gift cards or give you a hard time about guns let the shooter know how the local ------- fells about us, don't spend your extra dollars there.

I shoot at a club that has 5 traps Doubles are thrown all day they have a scorer there you get 3-5 people to shoot you sign up with your squad number and position and go shoot. You maynot get the post you like to start but we are normally out by 3 or 4 with 50 people or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.