1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you pay S&W mod 10?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Bruce Em, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

0   0   0

For those that know the market: older model 10 with the thin 4" barrel and fixed sights

Trouble is it has a large stain on most of the side plate and some roughness/pitting on the back strap.

I think the stains are blood. Why do I care? It has a good trigger and will work for I Core, games with holstering etc etc

Any chance it could re-blue after having blood on it?

I think its too much at $299 but may be worth $150

I know its off board topic but I know you guys know.

What do you guys think?

thanks!

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

You'll get more than $150, but not a ton more. $300 is probably about max, but hope springs eternal.

(Of course, you realize nothing here means anything until Average Ed has had a chance to chime in)

3. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

$275.00

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

From your description, I would have a hard time paying $200.

5. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Decent examples are not hard to find under 300.00...that is, examples without roughness, pitting, or BLOOD-Stains..!!
    As described...I'd not want to own it at all. You only have time to enjoy so many toys....why choose to spend any of that time with a piece you may not have much "pride-of-ownership" with.
    IF one could obtain it CHEAP ENOUGH....as in REALLY CHEAP...it might be used as a platform to build up something interesting.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'm with Don. Happy, Buzz?

Seriously, however, this may be a good yardstick against which to measure that Model 10. Last year, I sold a 4" heavy-barrel Model 64, the stainless steel version of the 10, that was in very good mechanical shape but showed a lot of the fine scratches indicative of holdter wear, for $350. There are lots of both models out there, many of them former police department issue.

Ed

7. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

0   0   0

Thanks guys

It isn't mine nor was I trying to sell it for them but I might consider it for something to fool with and as a favor to the shop with whom I have done a lot of business over the years. I suppose it could be bead blasted and matte finished or the like but who knows. I do like to get creative.

Unless it was a real bargain though I wouldnt consider it as resale is gonna be tough

thanks

8. yodes

yodes TS Member

0   0   0

Just as a price check, Buds guns has police trade-in Model 10s with 3inch barrels for $230 shipped. Quality may be a crap shoot though, some may be safe queens and some may have been carried a lot.

Steve

9. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Yep, if you want a good used Model 10, Bud's is the place to go. @ Bruce Em, post some pics and let us know what you what for your Model 10. I might be interested. IM me with some pics.

10. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Here is a link for those 3" Model 10s at Bud's. Three inch Model 10s are not very common. The price was right so I ordered one. If you are looking for a good knock around pistol that has plenty of life left, these are the ticket.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411545640/Used+Smith+and+Wesson+Model+10+38SPL+3%22

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.