1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you like to see as Trophies?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whatta_attitude, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whatta_attitude

whatta_attitude TS Member

What would you like to see as trophies at the shoots??

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Something usable which is worth more than your entry expense for the event. HMB

3. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Something I can show that I won something. The engraved pewter plates with trap shooting scenes are my favorite. Something with what you won printed on it is Ok. At any rate, I'd rater have nice trophies or cash. Some of the dime store stuff I see given out isn't worth messing with. If clubs are not going to give out decent trophies they should just give cash back to the shooters.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

In the west, quality coin belt buckles are extremely popular for a major win. The most useful trophy I've won is a good set of scales, at my first registered ATA shoot. Still use them to this day. Man on a stick is ok for a first trophy, won't draw many veteran registered shooters though, my opinion. Quality shoots, quality trophy's or a cash return on the trophy portion of the entry fee if no trophy's are given. Hap

Whutta, email me please, I have a video question? Thanks, remove the X

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Nice Rings, buckles, or shells. Maybe even shot, at the prices shot is selling for.

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

Just about anything that wont become a "dust collector".

7. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Give the winner 50 rounds of trap, out of pocket to the club is cost of targets, quite a bit more value to the shooter at alot of clubs with $5+ rounds. That's what I was given at the last shoot I won, and I appreciated it.

8. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Trophy buckles. Cowboys like trophy buckles.

John C. Saubak

9. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

MORE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roger

10. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

For me I lean towards,

Leather goods, shooting bags, shell trays, the box holder for the belt, belts???, coasters for the table at home.

Something of value that should hold or gain value over the years, gold coins? savings bonds?

A vest or shooting coat.

Shirts maybe, Tshirts, Pollo, Western, etc....

if it reasonable to have alot of different sizes on hand or there is a embrioderer on hand, at any shoot I have attended I have seen all shapes and sizes of shooter, from the 12 year old whisp a child to the 6XLT body types, without ability to have shirts crafted on site things could get out of hand. But in my travels as a marching band parent, my favorite shirts from there are event shirts, with specail iron on emblens and such, almost any "T" shirt shop can make up the Iron on patches, and A couple that I have got to know have the special irons it takes to do them right that they loan out, Here in TUCSON we have half a dozen shop that can make sewm patch's also. So WIN an event get an event shirt or two, and have a patch iron or sown, to apply that says something Like "2007 AZ STATE SHOOT, Tucson Trap and Skeet Club, Double Adobe singles, CLASS A Champion" Or the shirt has the shoot and location and the add on's have the event and class, that was won!

knifes, my son says that he will skin his deer with the one I won a year or so ago, that should make it priceless!

shells

money

plates, buckles, trophies, etc.....

because of league shooting I now have three buckles, and ATA I have another, and as A an only able to where one at a time, two of these are destind to spend a lot of time in a lower drewer.

Al

11. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

A Martin D-45..!

[​IMG]

cls

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

I honestly do not care. I appreciate any trophy. I really like the ones that can be used for wedding presents and yard sales.

Pat Ireland

13. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Trophy Girl and pictures of you, her, and the trophy. Allen

14. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

For trophies, it really depends on the crowd your focus is pointed at( ie local club, small reg., large shoot, etc.).

I unfortunately have taken on the trophy duties at various sized shoots throughout my years in this sport and thus have endured a considerable amount of critical comments including the wrong loading in a given shell or wrong brand per what a specific shooter wanted, I don't use that type of wad, primer, brand of shot, I have to many of those already, etc and so forth.

I guess my point is, that its hard to find fault with money! Also using this as a prize, it can be printed in your program that the dollar amount given will be based on % per shooters and the club won't have money tied_up in awards.

Remember that if you try to give quality awards, most shooters will be happy with them, whatever you give. There will always be a few that wouldn't appreciate a new Kolar becuase they shoot a Seitz or whatever. Shootlow is in this category :-}

15. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I did not read all the posts here. I feel if your in say TX then get something from the area's culture. In HI then something from the island. In Alaska then something from that culture and so on. For example say your in CA you should get as a top prize a fruit cake. Second prize a can of nuts and third prize hold down straps for the bed.

16. grammie

grammie TS Member

The head of George W. Bush......

AKA Grammie..........

17. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

NOW NOW GRAMMIE. If the scum bag Bill killed old Ben L when he had the 4 chances to do so we would not be in the mess we are in now. If you wish to blame someone the Clintons.

18. Paul09

Paul09 TS Member

my first trophie was a glass cup, and ive seen things such as glass trophies in a trap shooter form, and ive always thought those were pretty neat. buckles are other nice trophies too

19. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

Of any of the trophies I've won, I like the pewter plates and buckles the best. I have never worn a big buckle as they dig into my gut. What I like to do is leave them in the case and place a business card near them with shoot info (date, event, score, etc.) They look classy and don't take up much space in a case. Leather goods I've already won all I need and shirts and clothing never seem to fit quite right. Other wise, I kind of like the points idea above. With a catalog of choices. I also like the idea of rounds at the club but only as as an option. If the club is a long way from home I might never get to use them. Great ideas guys.

20. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have, in the past, thrown away many trophies. I have NEVER thrown away bullets or rounds I have won!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.