1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what would you give up?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Bill O'reily has indicated that the Journal News may be in finacial straits because of subscription cancellations and advertisers pulling their ads. The Question is whether the parent company Gannett will truck in money to save face and show their power. Should that happen, I once again urge everyone to cancel Gannett subscriptions, no matter where the paper may be. It may come to : do I give up my guns or my paper? I've already cancelled mine. ed nichols

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

3. trapperwads

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

What does Gannett publish? Probably a stupid question, so go ahead let 'er rip. Charlie

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I gave up all news rags long ago. Jake

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Gannett is a holding company of about a dozen newspapers in some large cities, USA Today, is the largest holder of NBC affiliates TV stations and own some digital outlets as well.

8. trapperwads

Gannett owns papers in Binghamton, Ithaca, Elmira, and Rochester...all in New York state as well as the Journal News that published gun owners names. I am sure they have other holdings. Check your local paper...it will say Gannet somewhere if it is one of theirs. Expensive to publish these days so easy to put under financial difficulty when subscriptions and advertisers stop. They are very vulnerable. That is why many papers in the country started buying up radio and tv stations but very few because most broadcasting outlets are owned by big broadcasting companies. a former broadcaster...ed nichols

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.