1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Uncle Screech, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

This past Saturday was a fun day.

My first 4 rounds scores were as follows:
    1 - 25
    2 - 24 *
    3 - 25
    4 - 24

Not bad for a relatively new shooter, eh? Well here's my question. About the 17th bird in round #2 I clearly saw the bird only get a glancing blow. It shifted in flight but no chips. I said a bad word quietly and kept going. The gentleman who was with me (just us 2 that early in the morning) said "Congratulations". I know it didn't break, but I trust this gentleman implicitly. But in my heart I know I didn't shoot my first 50 or 75 straight. I am NOT upset, it was the best 4 rounds I've ever had and I know my first 50 will come sooner or later. Hence the question, what would you do in this situation?

Just curious and thanks in advance for your opinions.

Greg

2. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

I have "pushed" the bird many times in all directions with not even a dimple or a chip. I call them lost but that's my personal preference, others will call them dead.

Once in an ATA shoot, I pushed one and it was called lost. Looked lost to me. One of the squad immediately challenged it and said she saw a very small chip. He corrected it and gave me the bird though I did not see a chip. I thanked my competitor profusely!

Though I've never had to, I would do the same for others if I saw a bird that was called incorrectly.

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

If I see (realy see) a chip I call it If not I don,t .

If you did,t break it you don,t deserve it and should not take it .

This is something you will think about a long time .

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

What's the question?

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You lost the target but you gained the confidence needed to run 100.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.