1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 8708, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8708

8708 Member

I'm considering a new gun for next summers shooting and am having trouble making up my mind, so I thought I would come here for some advise. One day I want to purchase a Silver Seitz so I have a high quality singles and HDC gun and shoot my old doubles gun. The next day I think I should move to a K-80 combo set and set it up so I have the somewhat same feel with both. What would you do....

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

When you find out which is better, please call me and let me know. I have battled this decision for awhile. I am currently shooting a MX10RS combo and I love it! But, I always wonder what if. Some people shoot different length of pull, drop @ comb, etc. on their singles/caps gun vs. their doubles gun. I would really like to sit down with Leo, Kay, Ricky, Phil, Harlan, Shaeffer, etc. and pick their brain on this.

Matt Woodson

3. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

fwiw...
    My best scores were shot when I used a specific shotgun for doubles, and another single bbl...( ljutic) for 16's & 'caps. In my experience...when I shot combos...there always seemed to be a bit of "compromise" going on if that makes any sense. Maybe I just didn't have the "right" combo, just sayin'...that was my experience and observation. Also...( once again...for what it's worth...)I noticed at the time....most of the very TOP shooters who were not in some way "aligned" with a particular gun company were not shooting combos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.