1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dbls_champ, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbls_champ

dbls_champ TS Member

I had been hunting a piece of ground for a while and had my eye on a nice buck. I hunted this buck hard all season, at my age it's even harder, and never quite got a shot at him. Well I told a good friend of mine about the deer and he said that he would like to go with me to see it, so I saide yes. Well to make a long story short him and I went hunting one morning and he wanted to sit with me in my stand. I told him that wasn't a very good idea but he did anyways. Well about 8:00 here come that buck at about 60 yards and I drew down on him. He asked me if I was getting ready to shoot and I said yes, as soon as I said yes he shot and dropped the buck. Am I wrong in being a little ticked off about this, it seems that a lot of hard work has been lost.

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

The next thing that would have been heard in the woods was his sorry mule making a large "thud" as he came in contact with Terra firma after being pushed from the stand. In my book your friend is lower than whale poop. Jake

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

DITTO Tron!!! Is your friend related to Hitlery and Billary?

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

I cant believe you even refer to a person like that as a friend or are you that hard up for friendships that you associate with lowlife scum?

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

A person who would do this is probably not a friend I would take to my deer stand again, but I am not sure it qualifies him as a low life scum. Waite a few days and see how he reacts to his actions. He just might come over and apologize in his own way. There are lots of deer and few friends. Very few friends are perfect. I always thought that hunting deer was much more fun than shooting one. I have gone deer hunting several times and not carried any ammunition for my rifle.

Pat Ireland

6. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

First off, I would never let another hunter, no matter how good the friendship, into the same stand as me just to avoid this, especially after hunting thgat buck hard for a few weeks. I will also have to agree with Tron he is a prime candidate for an ass whoopin'.

7. dbls_champ

dbls_champ TS Member

I never thought he would do something like this. I am an old man and this is the first year I have even felt like hunting and I put a lot of effort into scouting. We have been friends for years now but I am wondering now if he ever was a true friend. What really bothers me is knowing that he did this on purpose.

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

What a dumb story...pretty good bait though!

Curt

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

If anyone should get the ass whoopin it would have to be the guy that put the shooter in that position to begin with. You knew he had a rifle and a tag, you also mentioned something about having a problem shooting the buck. Could be this guy got tired of waiting on you to 'draw down' and possibly didn't think you were going to get the job done. Kind of hard to just sit there and let a buck walk at 60 yards just because the other guy is functioning in ultra slow motion.

10. dbls_champ

dbls_champ TS Member

wolfram,

Your right about one thing, I should have never let him sit in the same stand but he assured me this kind of thing wouldn't happen. I never had trouble shooting the deer he just never gave me the oppourtunity with the crossbow and I had a rifle that day. Believe me it wasn't in slow motion.

11. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

I vote for the whoopin. If I am a guest in another mans stand, He would have first shot, no question. This man is a game hog. A friend would never jeprodize a friendship over a stupid deer. Good lesson. Keep your deer secrets dear. Put this out of your mind and enjoy the rest of the season. Happy hunting. Todd

12. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The worst situation that ever happened to me was about 30 years ago on opening day. I was near a ditch in a stubble field and made a good shot at a white tail buck and dropped him about 200 yards out. As I was slowly walking toward my deer two other guys drove at high speed across the stubble and picked up the buck and threw it in the back of their truck and took off. I couldn't believe my eyes and that disgusting incident pretty much spoiled my attitude toward other so called hunters to this day.

13. dbls_champ

dbls_champ TS Member

Country Gentlemen,

I have decided that I will never tell another person about my hunting spots again. I have also decided not to let this guy back on my property. I hate to be like that but I don't think he needs to be hunting on my property.

14. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

If he doesn't respect you or your friendship any more than that, I wouldn't even talk to the guy. He is no friend

15. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Some friend. I agree with others. What a -------. I'd told him to go to hell and never ever call again. Hard to beleve a friend much less anyone would pull a stunt like that. Gees, takes all kinds.

16. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I can't believe that somebody would ruin a long term friendship over a deer. I do believe that it happened, though. Buck fever makes people do stupid stuff. I'd dump this dude from my buddy list, for sure.

17. Usemeasapunchingbag

Usemeasapunchingbag TS Member

where's the rope???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.