1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do ...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

What would you do if the only gun you could customize into a trap shootin bird bustin clay crushin shooter was a Mossberg 500?

Yep just a plain ole $150 Mossberg 500 pump gun. You could modify the stock barrel but not change it. You could tweek the trigger but not change it. You could .. could ... well you could customize the stock but must use the stop LOP.

Just what would you do ... ???

2. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Well you are planning to put alot of money into that mossburg ! So if I were going to do that , Id plan on long realationship with that gun . Cause you'll never get the money back no matter what you do ! In my opinion its a bad investment ? What your thoughts on that ? Try trading it for a Good used trap gun thats mechaniclly wore out . I bet you'll find a gun more in that range than trying to upgrade the Mossburg . Whatever you do Good Luck and Breakem all !

Pat Kelley

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Mossberg did make a high rib trap gun.

Terrible trigger, but it would evaporate clay targets!

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

I aint gonna actually do this or ever even think about doing it but just what if?

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Here's your mossberg trap gun.

Jim

6. nicky

nicky Member

Lumper, I would put a gracoil or something like it on first and have an adjustable comb done. After that try and learn to shoot it. Lump, I think with a good fitting stock most people could shoot anything somewhat competitive. Just my opinion. Kevin

7. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Just slap on a D&E "scope-eez" stick-on tapered soft comb to get the comb up where it should be and reasonably level.

John C. Saubak

I too, have seen a Mossberg high rib "trap" model but I assume that isn't the gun the OP is talking about?

8. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

You know, we all buy these expensive trap guns. Then everyone tells us that we need to shoot at least 10,000 birds to really get used to the new gun.
    I'll bet that if we shot that many birds with the Mossberg, we probably would be shooting about the same as we are now.

Jim

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Ken Rucker stock treatment Comb and bumpbuster, then keen sights add on adjustable rib some action/trigger work to smooth it out for doubles. If I had to.

10. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

in the words of larry the cable guy i think i'd rather put my weiner in a meat grinder. zara that ain't neitzke (not spelled right)but hows that for a quote.jackmitch

11. nicky

nicky Member

Mom,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,Now Jackmitch did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.