Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What would you do?

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Chango2 
#1 ·
Shooting handicaps at a registered shoot the other day. On one field I was 24 straight and missed the last bird. When I approached the scorer at the end he said to me"I saw a chip on your last bird as it was going down". I did not see it--none of my squad mates said anything. I accepted the bird--would you?....SMOKIT

#2 ·
Did the squad say nothing because the scorer did not call "lost bird"? I know one time I thought I shot 4 of 5 on a post, but when we changed the scorer call 5 for me. I questioned it as we rotated to the next post, but the scorer say I did hit the bird. OK - my vision isn't the best, so I trusted the scorer. I say you are fine.

#5 ·
The scorer is official. That being said, chips seen and verified by squadmates usually are accepted.

Generally, the shooter is in the least qualified position to see chips.

Often when shooting NY targets against trees the black rim chip may be seen by squadmates on the opposite posts, while the scorer may not see the black pieces off the bird.

Make sure you center the next ones...

#8 ·
I agree... 100% OK..

As a squad member I don't even watch my fellow squad members targets most of the time...I have other things to attend to...concentration.

Plus its the primary scorer keepers job...he's supposed to be carefully watching all the targets.

Most of our score keepers have better vision than the shooters anyway..

Stan

#10 ·
I've actually had a time when a scorer didn't call a target lost when I KNOW I didn't get anything off of it and I told her to mark it lost. The way I looked at it was if I did hit it then I should have missed it. I just find it refreshing that you are honest enough to be concerned about it. This sport needs more shooters like you. A lot of people would keep their mouth shut and take the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.