1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ok here is a what would you do? I will be glad to name names as this goes on
    1. Someone calls you for months- trying to buy a stock from you that would cost 5 grand to replace- He gets you down to a fraction of your asking price. Concerns or thoughts?

2. This guy brags about his money- guns- properties and boats? Should I have sold it to him based on information to time?

3. Shipped it to him-- he calls you-- inspects it outside- inside- all over as he has you on the phone- he wants to "use it in a shoot this weekend" and wants to "fit" and "put a new recoil pad on it" What would you do at this point?

4. After telling him that if he modifies it he owns it- or he can ship it back now--- the buyer states- no this is what I want- its worth much more than the deal, "I accept it". Any actions required by you at this time?

5. Days later he calls say his father (who is a world renowned expert) has looked at the stock and doesn’t think it will work. What would you do?

6. After a few moments of misgiving I told him to return it and "after" I get it -- I will send him his money minus shipping. Correct action or not?

7. Mr. PA (Pompous Ass with supposed millions and lots of employees) doesn’t want to return stock till I send his money back -- he thinks I should return the money. Any thoughts?

8. Eventually stock is returned -- it has been cut (evidently Mr. PA is a short necked, fat faced type) and it has been cracked. Call MR. PA immediately- and he says it was that way when it arrive- he just hadn’t seen it, as far as crack and the recoil pad cut is no big deal. I asked Mr. PA how come he hadn’t told me about the damage, and he says he "forgot" and the "lighting was poor”. Your comments?

9. My comments were let me think about it. Showed it to 2 gunsmiths and several people, all of whom said not to give any money back, clearly the damage was done by Mr. PA or his minions. Your thoughts?

10. I called Mr. PA after getting a repair estimate and told him I would return his money minus the repair estimate (against everyone’s advice to not return anything to him but the stock), the repair was low and it was after I shipped it at my own expense to the manufacturer. I offered to subtract the repair (but not to not include my shipping expense to and from the manufacturer) and either return the stock to him if he paid for the repair or return his money minus the repair. Your thoughts?

11. Days of him calling me names and threatening. Your thoughts?

12. I returned his money minus the cost of the repair. Thoughts?

13. I sold the stock to an Olympic development shooters father, after telling him about the small crack repair (he didn’t need to know the stock was shorter nor had a different recoil pad). The price was reduced again from MR. PA purchase because I didn’t think it was worth as much now and because this seemed like a good cause. Your thoughts?

14. I have had hundreds of dealing on various sites (probably 80 percent of them is I buy stuff and 20 percent where I sell spare stuff (I know it is amazing I may accumulate spare stuff)) I have had in maybe over 400 dealings 6 problems, three involved not getting the goods I purchased and the other 3 were this one and two guys that wanted to return stuff "months" later.

I know there will be trolls but your comments please

Regards from Iowa- where it is a slow and stormy day
    Gene

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

keep themoney and send back the stock. he bought it, inspected it, waited to return it, modified it, and more. tough luck on his part. you're too nicce. mototdoc

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

I would have never sent his money back to him but instead sent his, yep his stock back to him. Once he modified it he officially bought it.

If you sent his money back like you said you are a fool Gene ... just a fool.

4. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

He modified it, he owns it, pure and simple. Don't send him a penny, don't take it back, don't even talk to the jerk again.

5. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Gene, how did you get yourself into this mess? Keep the money and send the stock back to him.

6. g7777777

Its humid here also- imagine it is both humid and hot there- Ohio might have been bad at times but was it ever 108?

Just checking the thread to see if I need to fill in the names

regards from humid Iowa

Gene

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'm with the rest, Gene, as reported, you had every right to send the stock back and keep the dough....Bob Dodd

8. budmantrapfan

budmantrapfan TS Member

You should have sold him the Browning XT Combo with the fancy wood and the adjustable comb for $3097.00

9. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Heh...nice one Joe! ;)

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

I connected the dots and he was you and you was he.

11. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Gene I have had all of the same things that you described happen in my business. I asked the customer what he wanted to do and done it.
    Don

12. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"12. I returned his money minus the cost of the repair. Thoughts?"

Well, the deed is done, you have the stock, he has his money (minus repair costs). I think you should have sent "his" stock back to him.

13. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Not certain why this is posted. First, I would not look to TS.com or any other web site to calibrate my moral compass. Second - I would never send something to someone without money in hand. No business functions that way and I darn sure would not have made the first mistake. But if you want to take your chances, what happened is the cost of doing business. As to whether you have done the right or the wrong thing is between you and your pillow. If you had not made the first mistake, you would not have these issues.

14. g7777777

15. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Gene,? WTF? You know better then all this? Why you accomodated this guy after he cut the stock is beyond me.Jeff

16. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Gene,

answers to your questions:

1. what fraction of your asking price? 99/100's is a fration, but not a really good deal. Maybe you were willing to reduce the price so much from "asking" price because you were aware of a small defect that you hoped would go unnoticed.

2. who cares what else he has. sure sell him your stuff.

3. Cash his check. You did have the $$ already? correct?

4. see #3.

5. Tell him check has cleared and thank you for the business.

6. If part of #1 is true, then correct action.

7. Sounds like PA distrusts stock seller.

8. Could be true, crack not being noticable at first inspection. Cutting the stock was not a good thing to do unless he was going to keep it. However, he probably intended to keep it until the crack became noticable. I can see his point.

9. How would the people you showed it to "clearly" be able to tell who caused the damage? Did they see the stock before you shipped it to him? To me, this is not a legitimate point.

10. Sounds like guilt of being caught trying to sell cracked stock.

11. He was pissed at you.

12. See #10.

13. Nice gesture.

14. All it takes is one bad deal to tarnish a reputation.

17. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

The proper way to do buisness is if you want the stock you say I like it and I will keep it. Done deal. If you want to look it over you do so but NEVER NEVER EVER alter an item before the deal has been set. Once that has been done you own it. I would have kept the money and sent him the stock. Its like a china shop. You brake it you bought it. This thread just shows how far you are in left field. You can not even conduct a deal without screwing it up. Oh just to let you know I have land for sale in OK with ocean front view. I can cut you a great deal. If you need to sell something let someone else do it for you.

18. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Gene: Once he altered the stock he has purchased it. It's his. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.