Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What would you do ???

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  sernv99 
#1 ·
Give me the name of the shop and I will try to have someone stop by if I can get my friend in MD to help---Maybe you can try to get him to move if he knows someone will be stoping by---I'll try to help---SJB---

#4 ·
get me the exact mod # and a pic of your messed up stock would help---If everything is as you said we should be able to put some preasure on this guy.
He should also know that he is going to get neg feedback on GB---Check his rating on GB and let me know---SJB---

#5 ·
It is a Browning 525 Golden Clays,they listed on Gun Broker that the gun was pawned and unredeamed.When i talked to the guy he said they paid the guy that owned the gun because it was on consignment.I don't have pictures as they have the gun.You can pull up Gun Broker item no.190434407 i think it still shows it.You can see gun looks great but only shows left side but you can read description.At this point i just want my money or the gun back i am not trying to be difficult.His rating on Gun Broker looks great another reason i bid on this gun.The stock is exactly as i described it i never have seen anything this bad.
Thanks again

#6 ·
Looks like they owe you shipping as well- back to them at least and probably the original shipping to you

How long has this been going on?

Would they agree with your version of the story?

Why did you send the gun back if you were willing to settle for a replacement stock?

If your story is straight however- they owe you your money back and shipping both ways

Send them a certified letter demanding that- make the subjeck line "Formal Demand" and give them 72 hours to respond or report them to their local law enforcement, the ATF and the Postal Service

regards from Iowa

Gene

#7 ·
valley1:

Sorry to hear about your bad deal. I don't have any suggestions for resolving your problem. Perhaps other posters will. Good luck.

What follows are a few suggestions to minimize the likelihood of a similar problem for other buyers...

To date I've avoided buying used firearms sight unseen. Were I to consider such a transaction, a number of clear photos AND a detailed description would be mandatory. I also wouldn't buy used equipment (a gun, loader, etc.) without a binding written agreement.

A purchase/sales agreement should include ALL the fundamentals described in OBJECTIVE terms.

OBJECTIVE details are independently verifiable. "No issues" isn't objective. It may mean "this gun is a total POS but as the seller _I_ don't have any issues". "Normal wear" is similarly problematic. "Normal" might mean normal for having been drug down the road behind a truck. "Factory original" or "unaltered condition" is the kind of statement you need to see.

If a gun HAS been altered, the modifications require a detailed description. For example, "gun includes an adjustable comb by Tom Larkin" or "gun includes a Spears release trigger". In the event of an altered gun, an inspection period is particularly critical.

For me, an inspection period of at least three business days with the option of returning the item is non-negotiable. A "no return" policy would be an immediate deal killer.

IMO, the reason for a return would determine who pays return shipping. If an item was misrepresented, the seller pays. For any other reason, the buyer pays. And speaking of shipping... the agreement should include a written understanding about guaranteed undamaged delivery and what happens if a package is lost or damaged.

Phone communications are handy but they REQUIRE written confirmation. Unwritten means non-existent. Any problem is then "your word against his".

sissy

#8 ·
Hi Gene,when i talked to them on the phone they told me to send it back and they would refund my money they didn't mention a new stock until they had my gun back and then they said they would send pictures of the gun with the new stock which they never did.The guy i talked with finally admitted they could sell the gun for more than i gave so when it was sold they would send me my money back .Again i just want my money are the gun returned to me .I didn't even asked them for frt. and ins. expense back.I am arraid they will keep my money and the gun.
Thanks again

#10 ·
I'd pay them a visit even if I had to drive a bit! I'm in MD, but not local to them. They are at some of the gun shows locally, if I'm thinking about the same guy. Don't know them personally, but I would take whatever action that would be possible to put pressure on them for a full refund. Postal money order if sent by USPS might give some leverage if you claim fraud. Hope you have the Auction Ad and some "real" photos to show for comparison, just in case. I would also complain to Gunbrokers, VERY loudly. They knew how bad it was and if they did not highlight the stock problems in the ad, it's fraudulent.

<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&expIds=25657,26781,26885&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&cp=0&wrapid=tljp128603868574010&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=jessup+pawn+shop&fb=1&gl=us&hq=pawn+shop&hnear=Jessup,+MD&cid=3572371076617963515" target="_blank">Does This Look Like Them?</a>

#12 ·
Gary---I just talked to John Gray----He was very cooperative and said he is getting the stock refinished and will send you pics Monday and if you don't like the repair he will refund your $$$s---keep me informed and I will continue to help---George@SJB---

#17 ·
That is the one ,looks pretty good this side ,the other side is 1/2" shorter cut at a 45 deg.Under the comb on top of stock where comb is cut out are two jagged holes drilled all the way thru the stock bolt crevis down into wood below, no hardware. Two 3" rods that are gluded to comb goes down into the holes.Never saw such a mess.
Thanks all

#18 ·
That side does not look good at all.

The comb does not fit the stock correctly, it is sticking up towards the front as well as the back, with gaps everywhere, and does not sit flush with the stock.

I would like you to post pics of the messed up side.

I have already dealt with an online deal gone bad.

Just get your money back... If he paints this screwed up stock, it will not fix what is wrong with it. you will just get bondo to make it look good.

Just my thoughts'

Kenny Uhlbeck

#19 ·
I feel for you. I have been very lucky in my purchases over the internet. That being said; I will no longer purchase anything off the internet unless I can pay for it by credit card. This way I have some leverage. I have purchased a few items that I was dissatisfied with. I had purchased them with my credit card. I called Capital One and explained why I wanted payment stopped. I received satisfaction in all instances. The world is changing. There are people on TS.com that I have purchased from. I feel comfortable sending money orders, Cashiers checks, etc. to them. Buying off of ebay, Gunbroker, GunsAmerica, etc. is risky. They either find a way to take my credit card or I won't buy. Ed

#20 ·
You might have a fraud case witch is criminal and you don,t have to take him to cort yourself by his emails stating gun and condition . I had a deal with a car dealer not long ago I took all the papers to State Troopers and contacted Attorney General Troopers paid him a visit Attorney General contacted him he gave me Back money owed. Might want to tell him you plan to pursue might motivate him. good luck Dave

#22 ·
I would not get the ATF involved...why involve them? They don't get involved in disputes about seller X selling a gun that is not in 99% condition as claimed by buyer Y. Also contacting City Hall? Please....you will be twiddling your thumbs for the next 2 years trying to get someone from "City Hall" to assist you.

you only real course of action is to take them to small claims court. As someone stated before, your view of what a gun is in 99% condition may be different from the buyer's view. The Post Office, State Attorney General, State Troopers, local LE, ATF, etc, will not give you any real help in this situation and may provoke the seller to take you to court for slander and filing a false report with LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.