1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you buy? Beretta 682x trap or brow

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jcf523, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcf523

jcf523 TS Member

I am looking to buy a gun for trap shooting and doubles. I would also like to shoot some skeet but I do have another gun that can handle that so this purchase does not need to be an all in one. I have narrowed it down to two and need some help and advise as to what would best fit my needs.

I am looking at a Browning Lightning with a Broadway Rib. It is new in the box and is listed for $2200. I do not know how firm this price is but I can make a lower offer.

I am also looking at a Beretta 682x Trap with a 32" single barrel and a 30" double barrel. This gun comes with an adjustable comb and a Beretta hard case. This gun is in very good condition and he is asking $2400 firm.

Also please advise what the pros and cons are of each please. I do not know an awful lot about the differences.

Thanks in advance for your input it is very much appreciated.

John C. Fenley

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Just on the choices, I would go for the Beretta. Just seems like a lot more gun for just a few hundred more. With out shooting it. I would take the beretta.

3. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

ive owned brownings and berettas my preferance is beretta

4. redix

redix TS Member

I have both. I prefer the Beretta.

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

If the guns were new I would say Beretta all the way ...

If the Browning is new and the Beretta is used I would say Beretta all the way ...

If the Browning and the Beretta were used I would say Beretta all the way ...

Buy the Beretta and dont even consider the Browning. Is the Beretta deal from TS.com or from?

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I'm going against the grain. I loved my Superposed. It was a 32" Broadway.

As long as it is not from a salt year, the Belgian made Browning Lighting Broadway is by far the better deal. If it is a later gun, after the salt years, when they went back to long tang an switched to mechanical triggers, it is even a better deal. Terrific barrels.

I'd take a used Superposed over a new Beretta any day of the week. However, I'd take the Beretta over a Japanese made Browning any day of the week.

If you decide not to buy the Superposed, left me know who has it for sale. I'm interested.

7. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I have a Beretta 682X super trap combo for sale. It has a Gra-coil reducer and adjustable soft comb. Comes with Beretta hard case and 5 Extended choke tubes Askiing $2800.00 Mark Mauch

8. trappug

trappug TS Member

I have owned both,and in my opinion the beretta is the far better gun.Also,its the only one I shoot at this time.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Beretta, it's a better made gun.

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

earl4140: You're full of crap. Everything about the Beretta from a manfacturing standpoint is better. Better steel, better wood, closer machining tolarances, ect. That does not mean one shoots better than the other. But the engineering, material, workmenship, and manfacturing processes are far superior in a Beretta than a Browning, at least since they quit manfacturering them in Europe.

11. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

There is nothing odd about a NIB Belgian Browning for $2,200. When I bought mine I agonized over whether to spend $1,500 on a great condition used one, or $2,200 for a new one at Eurochasse. That was maybe 5 years ago. I've also seen used Superposed Lightnings with asking prices of $2,500, or Diana grade for over $4,000. I thinks it's nuts to spend that much, because a deal for half that price is always right around the corner.

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have two 682x combo sets. I bought both as used guns. The only 'complaint' I have is that the inertia reset spring is fragile and tends to break after about 20K rounds. (happenens on both guns like clock work) There are mechanical conversions to eliminate that problem or you can just keep a few of the $5 springs handy.

The brownings are very popular in my area and they seem to hold up well. I like the Beretta 682s better but that is a subjective thing on my part. You will do well with either choice.

13. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

For trap, I would keep looking for a Beretta with a 34" single, and if you need a combo, get a 32" O/U. Both barrel sizes better for resale. Adjustable comb is a good thing as well.

No to the Browning as a comparasin in my opinion

14. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I have a used 682X that I will use for Trap, Sporting, and Skeet I have a 34 oversingle, 30 O/U fixed choke, and a 30 3/4 sporting barrel that just came in that I am going to have tubed for skeet. Sold the Browning Special Sporting. I will continue to use my A390-ST for Skeet 12GA and Doubles.

Beretta makes the best gun for the money.

Ronbo

15. The Cedar Dell

The Cedar Dell TS Member

I studied this site for two months before I bought my Browning. Seemed like every Beretta for sale had release trigger installed or other trigger issues. I know of one Beretta 682 with doubling problems. I got to shoot a Beretta 682E at a clays shoot and the owner said you had to push forward on the trigger to open the action after firing. The biggest complaint I read about Browning was the turn-a-round time for factory repairs or warranty. I bought the Browning in June and have absolutely no regrets. Hunter.

16. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I am constantly amused at how some posters use questions like this to tell everyone all about what THEY have, why THEY have it, what THEY've done with it, and what THEY PLAN to do with it.....and then never answer the question.
    Go up a couple of posts for an example.

To answer jcf's question; you can hardly go wrong with either gun. If there was a clear winner here, you would know it.

17. top

top TS Member

I have a 682X combo for sale if you are interested. IT IS A TOP SINGLE(34"),ported & overbored. The O/U barrel is 30" also ported.
    The stock has been modified to have and adjustable cheekpiece and Graco recoil system with adjustable pull length.
    The gun has both factory pull and (Allem)release trigger. It has the Beretta factory combo case.I am asking $1900. plus shipping to your FFL.
    Thanks.

Steve Evans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 682x for skeet

winner etetta 682x super