1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you ask?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SongDogSniper, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Hello Guys & Gals.

I am simply too new to this game to form my own fully educated opinion for the question I'm about to ask. A current thread on here has gotten me thinking.

My state's delegate vote is coming up in June so I was curious as to what sort of questions would you ask of the candidates before casting your votes? You don't necessarily need to include what answer you'd like to hear from that candidate, because we'd all need to decide for ourselves what that is. On the other hand, if you'd like to include that, that would be great too.

Thanks in advance.

Gene (Colorado)

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I have several questions.

1. What is their interpretation of the authority of our "Constitution"

2. What is their stance on "Gun Control"
    this should be a nobrainer answer.

3. What is their stance on the separation or governmental powers?

4. And here is the biggie---How would they SHRINK the size of the government.

5. How are they going to deal with gov't OVERREGULATION?

Etc. There are a lot of simple questions that can answer a lot of questions about the demeanor of a candidate.

Chuck

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I would ask him would you support going back to the 44 degree angle rule and the enforcement of the 3 Dram 1200 fps shell.

Support the mandatory reduction rule if a shooter cannot maintain his zones target break point.

Golfers have to make the CUT TO PLAY, NASCAR Drivers have to drive fast to get to the pole, the slower you are the farther back you start.

Race Horses have to win certain races to compete for the Triple Crown.

Trapshooting is a SPORT OF SKILL.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Chucck

I think that he's talking about his states ATA delegate

Ed Yanchok

5. Portigee Duckman

Portigee Duckman TS Member

Is this reduction a meanes ,to get more money back in the the Game ?Building
    ones hopes of ,shooting better at closer yardage ?
    What's this going to do to the fellas ,that are working thier way up in class
    that didn't get a reduction ,shooting against a long yardage shooter that's
    been given 2 yards closer to shoot ?
    Would it not be better to have ,a class or group of Champions (Guys or Gals)
    shooting against each other ,(like in high Stakes Poker),Pro against Pro .

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

If you don't know what to ask then you don't have questions - at best you are someonelse's mouth piece and any 'questions' they want you to ask will already have a right or wrong answer associated with them.

This is a time for you to use your ears and learn.

7. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

If you have read the ATA rules and By laws it will give you a better understanding of the job and the duties of YOUR delegate. If you have not read them by all means do so..

8. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

ps: good question....

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

disregard opinions. Do what Wolfram said...

10. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Wolfram........

You are a self-righteous arrogant elitist. How exactly do you expect a new member to "listen" if we don't ask questions? If you would have bothered to read all the way thru my original post and comprehended with some intelligence, you would have noticed that I didn't ask for your opinion of what answer you wanted to hear. I can make my own decision on my preferred stance of the issues. I guess an open dialog is not something you would want your delegates to have as a priority.

The only thing I learned from you is that you have nothing worth listening to.

Good day, Sir.

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Since you are seeking the nomination as delegate for our state, do you think things are fine as is, organizational wise? What changes if any would you consider best for the membership as a whole? Are you satisfied with the current growth rate of ATA membership? If not, what would you suggest to improve the dismal retention rate we now suffer? Do you know our sports history from the beginning with the rule changes made, amended, when and why?

That's enough questions to get any candidate thinking one way or other wanting you and your friends votes. How he/she answers may indicate how they would vote if elected.

Remember this, lots of potential candidates are new to the game themselves and some have no idea how our historical records tells the true story of our sport.

I've said for years here on TS C, be careful who you elect to represent your sports best interests once selected to the progressive march to the top of our organization.

Longshot; don't you realize that 44 degree angles (3 hole) thrown from a PAT trap are far different than those off the old Winchester handsets? Not the same target presentations at all!!

Hap

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Why is it the AIM co ordinators are getting paid $1,000.00 per month by the ATA when it's a volunteer position ..? Why is it the members have been made aware of this ..? Don't get me started ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Hap-

Thank you. That's exactly the kind of things I want to think about in order for me to come up with my own questions.

Thanks again for taking the time.

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I meant nj bob...

15. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You listen with your mouth shut song doggie.

I have no clue where your headed but obvoiusly you don't either. But clearly you are looking for answers to questions you don't have.

16. Hap MecTweaks

U ole Codger Roger!! The old Winchester hand sets hung around the extreme corners longer than does the Pat traps. You'd get far more extreme lefts or rights at that extreme out of a 100 target event making it tougher to break them all. Shooting two traps with hand sets and two with Pats almost always resulted in lower scores on the hand sets. (The old Middletown traps during the transition days?) Because of those angles mentioned. I liked the added spin given by the older hand set trap machines but that doesn't make up for the amount of more targets thrown toward the center of the fields?

Hap

17. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Hap, You lost me with your statement above..How would a 44 degree target thrown a true 50 yards differ in presentation?
    I fail to see a difference, whichever machine throws it to those parameters, they should be the same. Or did I miss something?

Big Jack

18. Hap MecTweaks

Jack, 100 targets thrown from a PAT trap will have more targets thrown more toward the center fields than Win. hand-sets. PAT traps doesn't stay at the extremes nearly as long as the Winchester hand-sets do or did. You may get very few at the extremes when compared to the hand-sets. Different target presentations that measure the same, degree wise.

Hap

19. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Get to know your delegate and state directors. If you think they're honest men then vote for 'em. These are really thankless jobs, If these guys are willing to take the job and they're not crooked then I'll vote for 'em.

John C. Saubak

20. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

WPT, I'd say the answer to your question can be found in the organizations being granted, and maintaining their charitable status.....AKA.. evading paying taxes, while banking millions of dollars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.