1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you all do? Ebay question.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I bought a item off Ebay that was about 15 pounds. Its about 7"x 4" round. I bought it 4/8/12. Make payment once won. Within hours. Emailed that I sent payment and to let me know when they send it and I let them know when it got here. No reply. Days go by. I on the 18th or 19th sent an email asking where the item was. No reply. I tried to call the seller on the 20th. No answer at her work number. After 1:00pm some lady answered the phone and said she wasn't in. When will she be in? Maybe later today. I kept trying and I got her each time there after.
    On 21th I got the item in the mail. It had a mailing date of the 19th. The box had one corner wide open and the packing just pouring hanging out. The item was just loosely packed. The one top piece of tape was broken at one end. The item was OK and in one piece. She packed the item very poorly and cheaply.
    I then got onto the computer and left a neg feedback on her. Today(Sun) she sent me a message saying she was in a car accident and couldn't mail anything or check her emails. She hurt her foot in the accident. But yet could read a neg feedback and send a email. ?????????. She even went through Ebay asking me to withdraw my neg email. But she couldn't email me.
    With how she didn't reply and how poorly she packed the item and how late she sent it why should I pull my rating on her?
    What would you all have done?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I would let the feedback stand. No communication and poor packaging are no good ways to conduct business. Count yourself lucky that you even rec'd the item, and forget about it.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Sounds suspicious to me.

4. revbook

revbook Member

Let your comment stand.

5. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Let your feedback stand. I hope you dinged her DSR's also.

Tim

6. scorpman

scorpman Member

let your feedback stand to warn others. I don't see how a broken foot keeps her from typing an email. I can send an email one handed on my iPod touch while holding a sleeping baby on my shoulder with the other.

7. Stocker John's

Stocker John's TS Member

Poor packaging is poor packaging. Unless she was packaging your item with her foot there really is no explaination for that.

It would have been courteous of her to allow her co-workers to mention that she was in a car accident since that was the phone number she used to sell her ebay item. I can understand why work wouldn't be able to share her schedule for employee privacy issues but if I was her employer, I would not be pleased to be getting calls for ebay items for an employee.

If she couldn't get to a computer or ship until the 19th, when it was sent, why no email or call then to give you a heads up it's on the way? If it were me, I'd leave the feedback because of the lack of communication after the accident, and poor packaging. She couldn't avoid the accident but she could have followed through after to avoid the negative feedback.

I purchased some earings from ebay and left neutral feedback when one of the pearls were loose from the post, backs were missing, and poorly packed. I thought I was being nice by being neutral since I could fix the problems but I got nasty grams after. I didn't change it and replied honestly to her posts.
    Stephanie Fittinger

8. 333t

333t Member

Auctioneer:

Everyone has a bad day once in awhile. Give the seller the benefit of the doubt since you did receive the purchased item undamaged even though the packing was lousy. I would take the high road and cancel your negative feedback.

Phil

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I posted on here about some 1911 grip panels I received that were, to be kind, of inferior quality. The seller initially refused to take them back or even accept photos of them so I left negative feedback. The next day, I received a request from eBay that I retract my feedback but I declined, saying that the least the seller could do was agree to look at photos of the item.

A day after that, I received a fairly nicely-worded email from the seller asking for the photos. Minutes after I sent them, he emailed that he had refunded what I paid him for them plus his shipping charges as well as the cost to ship them back to him. I appreciated both that he recognized poor workmanship when he saw it and the amount he refunded to me, so I then did reverse my feedback.

Apparently, that feedback rating is critical to those sellers so use that to your advantage if necessary.

Ed

10. bambambam

bambambam Member

Let it stand! She didn't care until you gave neg feedback.

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

What was her feedback?If it was 100% positive before she may have had a problem.You can tell by her past----If so I'd give her a break---If it was many negitive you should have known there may be trouble----If your not the only one then let it be and move on--When I buy on the net I do my homework and very careful. Best to only deal with high positive feedback --JMO----George

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Agree with bam. She didn't care till you gave her a neg. rating. Most people don't bother to post ratings and they should.

13. Stocker John's

Stocker John's TS Member

Good Question-What was her feedback rating, and did she already leave you positive feedback prior to yours? If so it would be worth re-thinking leaving it.

14. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Things have changed on Ebay. Now you can leave negative feedback on the buyer but they cannot retaliate and give you bad feedback for just a eye-for-an-eye thing.

If you paid on time and you must use PayPal you are free from negative retaliatory feedback. About the only thing they can leave bad feedback is for non-payment.

I believe (well I heard from a big seller, true??) that enough negative feedback and the seller is not allowed to sell on Ebay anymore.

Rock

Jim

15. Auctioneer

She had one neg feedback on her rating. I forgot what it was. I will read over feedback when I see the ratings are to low and then go from there. Yes I have then gone to another seller because of thheir ratings.

I have not heard from her the seller or Ebay regarding the neg feedback. The system has changed so the seller who gets neg feedback can not trash you the buyers rating for doing so. There was a problem of people doing so. "If you give me a neg feedback I will trash your rating". So buyers wouldn't leave feedback at all. So Ebay set things up so the seller couldn't give a bad feedback on buyers.

I'm going to let the rating I gave stand. I feel because of her not replying to my emails or calls and the way she packs and ship's she asked for it. Thanks one and all. Just wanted to know if I went over board. I can from time to time.

16. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

If the item I receive is OK and as advertised, I will leave Pos. feedback, but I will give extra comments in the more feedback column.

I always get a kick out of people saying that they know nothing about the item but usually describe it well.

If the item is not what is advertised I let them know before it sells.

I have had mostly good experiences with EBAY so far.

Regards....Gerald

17. Auctioneer

Over The Hill, I to have had good dealing for the most part but every once and awhile you get those who just don't care. I have worked things out on those who are good with taking pic's. In other words they know how to take pic's so to hide things. Those who don't tell you everything and you find out once you get the item what they didn't tell you. Then you have those that think you will not do anything about it. Then whine when you do. This is what has happened here.

NO emails other then my own, NO calls other then my own, NO proper packing or shipping. In other words F&*( Off, thanks for your money. I will send it out when I want to.

When I sell something I email the buyer and let them know once they send payment I will send the item out by P.O. and the day I do so. Once in the mail I will email the buyer and let them know its in the mail and give them a tracking number. Priority Mail Only. No snail mail ever. The buyer knows what is going on on my end at all times. I over pack and the buyers love that.

If I have a problem on my end I let the buyer know as soon as I can. Within hours. That is the proper way to do things.

18. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

No excuse for lack of common courtesy. This may possibly be the cheapest lesson she will ever learn. My suggestion, leave it as it is. You will be doing her and her customers a favor.
    Steve Balistreri

19. tachyon

tachyon Member

FYI, ebay reduces seller fees if they meet a level of "good service". A negative can remove them from the reduced fee schedule and their seller fees go up. The formula is complicated but in some cases a negative feedback will result in higher listing fees, higher selling fees and limits on how much they can sell. Enough negatives and they are no longer allowed to sell.

20. dhip

dhip Active Member

If the item was received as described and in tact negative feedback is a little harsh.Neautral feedback with comments of poor communication and packing would of been sufficient.Seller would get the point.

Doug H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.