1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What would it have been worth ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by amboy49, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I am lucky enough to have a couple of guns that belonged to my father/grandfather. A very nice model 42 Winchester and a Remington .22 Model 513T rifle with a Weaver 4x scope.

However, my father received a .36 caliber Navy civil war revolver from my grandfather that was carried and used in the Civil War by his grandfather. Not only did he have the gun, but he also had the original belt and holster and a small case on the belt to hold reloading components - bullets,primers, etc.

The gun was in good condition. I can also say we actually shot this gun a few times.

Somewhere along the line as both my father and I grew older he decided to sell the gun and all the accessories unbeknownst to me. He never did say what he got out of it. I have always wished I would have at least been given to the chance to "purhase" the gun and to have kept it in the family.

Just to rub salt in the wound, anyone have a guess that the gun and accessories would be worth today ?

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

$4500, Gun and accessories pending shape. With a letter identifying the soldier add more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.