1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What would have done?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 635 G, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

A shooting buddy of mine dropped by & was ranting & raving about what a waste of time he had at a registered shoot this weekend. He said he drove close to 200 miles each way to shoot. He was squaded next to a 11 year old new shooter. The antics of the new shooter so disrupted his game he, he shot way below his average. He kept his mouth shut till he saw me. He felt he should have stopped shooting half way through the first 25, he said at least I would have saved the shells.

Lou

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Your Buddy could have resquadded, thus, sparing you all the pain of this horror story.

'tis a sad day in your neck of the woods...

Curt

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Have some patience for new shooters, re-squad after the first event, pull out and go home, or last, work hard to gain yardage and avoid the beginners. That's about it.....Bob Dodd

5. atashooter

atashooter Member

Drop trousers, insert thumb in anus, and repeatedly run in circles...

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

this is not a joke--i would of done nothing but concentrated on my targets

bill

7. SR1

SR1 TS Member

atashooter has the cure lmao.

8. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I don't know what "antics" we are discussing. Without knowing details, I will not side with your friend or jump on the new kid or jump on your friend for not being tough.

Leaving age out of it, we all have squads from hell stories. On the occasions when I am shooting well, nothing seems to bother me. But when I am struggling, my skin is not so thick.

But when you decide you have had enough, jump out of the squad and go to shoot management. If the antics are unsafe actions, shoot management is to remove the offender (do not confuse this with DQ). Folks who disrupt the harmony of a shoot can be DQ'd. Do not suffer in silence, if the "antics" rise to either of the above, the offender is punished. If the actions are percieved, at least you can finish on the practice trap. I guess the point is to say your friend could have taken some steps to salvage the day. No one wants to be a bad guy, but the choice is to suffer or change.

9. chessney

chessney TS Member

This guy landed a few..Let's see if he'll rebait and cast again?.Ziggy

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I would rather shoot with the 11 year old kid.

11. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

He should have given the kid a wedgie or maybe a grundie (if he was REALLY bad) and then focused on his game. If his score was still in the toilet after the event, then a swirlie would have definitely been in order.

Tron

12. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

The only thing that gets me off my shooting game is unsafe antics on the range thats it. I love shooting with younger kids, more relaxed less BS more fun.

13. flylta

flylta TS Member

Without the "new kids" the sport dies.

Ron

(I'm still a new kid, haven't shot a registered target yet!)

14. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

What sort of "antics" are we talkin' about??

John C. Saubak

15. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Does your friend serve cheese with his whine??

16. romie

romie Active Member

He should try to overcome the distraction and turn it into a positive thing.
    enjoy the kid!I used to play tennis and all the old men would get irritated when we knocked a ball in there court.I could have beaten any one of them.Make it POSITIVE!

17. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

My wife and I happened to get squaded with a pair of young girls that had just started shooting. This was at the State shoot 2 years ago. One of the girls was our lead off shooter and was very unfamaliar with the task. No problem, just talked her thru it and we had a blast. My wife and I shot our first 100 straights beside one another and I came out with my first 199 and she had a 196. The young ladies had their first 25's and one of them shot her first 50. I would much rather shoot with kids than a lot of the adults I know. LOL The kids don't seem to take it near as serious and it helps me keep my perspective on this game I so love. I'll take a new kid, over an old F@#$ I don't know, any day of the week. LOL

Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.