1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what would be fair value for dt10 sporting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lovethesport, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

2 barrels --28" skeet barrel --fixed chokes

30 barrel---chokes

Wood is in poor shape--gun has appx 250k rounds thru it by a competitive shooter....foreend was cracked and repaired--- looks like it will need new wood

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

You have a PM

3. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

i am looking to buy this locally and would like to know a fair price to offer--what would be cost of rebuild if needed

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I would say you will be spending close to 2000.00 to rebuild with new wood. Trigger and action work alone could run over 1000.00.

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I bought a gun in a similar manor several years ago - gun was in great shape though.

I paid $3,250 (before the price hike) for it with 32" Optima choked barrels (came with factory two barrel case, tubes, parts kit, stock wrench). Picked up a set of 30" trap barrels for $1,000.

For new wood figure $1,750 to $2,500 - depending on who does it and what wood (I am low-balling this - truth is the skies the limit).

You might find ready made wood at Cole's. I would also suggest them for the mechanical "once over" the gun might need. They are more $$ than Beretta, but turn around is fast and in that they will evaluate each piece before replacing it (Beretta's attitude is replace 'all' - not necessarily a bad thing, but it adds to to the cost) with this in mind Cole's might be less money.

If you are looking for cheap wood send me a PM - I know a few DT-10 shooters who have had stocks made and might sell the old ones...

Further, I have seen repair/refinish jobs done on stocks that would leave you speechless - often done for just a few hundred bucks so don't discount that just yet.

David

6. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

thank you--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.