1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What would be a good way to fix this?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

What would be a good way to keep the reciever extension in the rib, presently when I shoot the gun or when I close it with a loaded shell ready to shoot it comes out of the rib and either is under the rib or above the rib.

I am presently trying this, I drilled a hole in the rib and installed a small wire like a paper clip through the rib and through where the adjusting screw was in the short extension piece.

Here is a picture of the rib and reciever extension which pivots on a pin on the rib that is attached on the reciever. It is in place in the picture, but it somes apart where it meets the rib.
    drlongshot_2008_0303167.jpg

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

A brass pin with a head on one side so you can mushroom the other side once through.

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Probably not meant to be used like that.

4. Dr.Longshot

Thanks guys for your thoughts, I was considering making a longer connector piece.

You cannot believe the recoil force, it bent the paper clip wire piece I installed for shooting last Friday.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. shadow

shadow Active Member

Gary, Try a needle bearing out of an "U" joint. I had a 3 pin M-12 that kept breaking a pin in the rib. The "U" joint fix worked perfectly.

6. Dr.Longshot

There is not a hile in the rib, it is a half round hole and the connector piece is a matching half round pin so the go against each other.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

The Bolt that your Looking for is Called a Sex Bolt...or could be Oversized thru Sleeve and Button Head Bolt from Both Sides..Good Luck..Nice Project

8. racer

racer TS Member

I would arc weld it- about 110 amps with a 5/16 all purpose rod. :) Dan

9. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Drill a round hole in the connectors and the rib. Then go to Fastenal or a good hardware store and get the button head screws Mac1 suggested. Btw, what holds the rib up high like that? Do you have the front of the rib locked down or something?Just curious! I will bet that baby shoots high.

10. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Or....after all else fails, take it to a competent gunsmith and have it fixed just once right...

Larry

11. rustygun

rustygun Member

Quit talking sense, LDAdd,, that could get you banned from this site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.