1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What will happen if I lower the shot drop

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Easystreet, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Yes. 7/8 ounce is 24 grams, or close enough as to make no difference.

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Your gun will explode and cause the end of the world!
    7/8 oz is only 3% more than 24 gr ... I seriously doubt that you can tell the difference in speed and/or pressure.

3. missed some

missed some TS Member

not being a reloader myself but i will venture a guess and say you will get fewer pellets.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

If you go from 7/8 Ounce to 24 Grams, you will have converted to the Metric System of measurement. Then your pressures may be expressed in KiloPascals or Bar. Velocity will change to Meters per Second and you will also notice the Targets dimension will now be expressed in Millimeters. Screws everything up. :)

Realistically, a few less pellets, a touch less pressure, and a slight increase in velocity would be the expected result. What you actually get might not conform to the norm.

5. davnport

davnport Member

You all are heartless!! For shame!!

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Da end of the world as ye know it. Oh, sorry that happened already when O'bama was elected two years ago. Break-em all. Jeff

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Oh, forgot to mention the change from Grains to Grams. Rough stuff that Metric system.

Dontcha just love it? And no blood was spilled!

davnport

Maybe no heart, but I have a brain and the pictures to prove it! No....Wait, I do have a heart. Shows up in a CT Scan I had a few months ago. That theory didn't last too long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.