1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Will Be The Legacy That You Will Leave?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bucko43, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Lakeside, California
    The Grand American is just a dream.

Remember that.

There are allot of people that read the posts on this website that will never
    be able to make it to the Grand. For example those folks that can't drive that far, or can't afford to fly or take time off to get there.

You folks that have the opportunity to make it every year, or even once in a while, should remember that for many of us GRAND trapshooting wannabe's, the Grand is just a dream.

Please leave us a positive legacy of your experience. Vandalia is a thing of the past. For many of us shooters out here, Vandalia was a dream just like Sparta is. Leave Vandalia in the past and lets get on with life.

A Southern California Grand Trapshooting Wannabe.
  2. powderburn

powderburn Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Anderson, IN
    I like what you have said. The ones that shoot at the Grand are lucky. Those of us who can't (or are not allowed) to take time off in August are sometimes glad for those who go, but sometimes upset that we can't attemd either. Nice post from a different angle. I raise my glass and toast those shooters out there that shoot at a little club, have fun, and can't afford a trapgun that costs as much as a car.
    smash 'em all! -powderburn
  3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Feb 7, 2006
    rock port, mo
    we had the great fortune of attending the last 2 grands- only- becuase we live within a 7hr drive! my duaghter got to shoot a few events along with the Aim program.it is more a social thing when lots of youth are in attendance!!! an elderly shooter asked me why i wasnt shooting? i answered "if ata doubled the px to enter, wud you still be shooting?" what do you think his answer was??i replied--now you know how i feel when we both shoot and have 2x expenses!! no we never went to vandalia, and honestly- probably wudnt have , due to your same comments on -time -money-& how do you do it all? my hats off to those who sacrafice to achieve their goals!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.