1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What what is rung up when at the store???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hydra, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

It is true that you are over charged at the register. I have gone to the store and bought a larger chip for my camera and the price on the shelf was $46.98. When it was rung up the price was $71.98. I spoke up and he said the price listed was after rebate. I said thats bait and switch. The floor manager said that is how we do it here. Just to let you know it was a Circuit City Store. Now wonder they are closing stores. I went to Best Buy and they matched the price with no problem.

Check your grocery bill. I know someone who does that before they leave the store and they had to be refunded $20.00 + dollars.

I went in to a MT Gander store and that was marked on the shelf at $59.00 rung up as $179.00. Just to let you know I got it for $59.00.

Dateline did a store on such things and they found some oversites in the computer to the shelf and when they went back to check it was taken care of. But there were others who just kept the oversite in the computer. If someone said something they gave them their money back. If they did not say anything they they made more money.

So to those who are saying this does not happen then you have money to throw away and be ripped off. It does happen to the rich, middle class and the poor. We all need to check our prices as we shop.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I worry about this all the time. I think i'll start carrying a magic marker, and writing the shell price on the items tag when I put it in the cart so I can verify the price when it rings up.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Watch your gas pumps too. When it gets to ten Gallons it's easy to check against the posted price.

There were a few ripoffs in that area recently.

HM

4. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I have had three times when I purchased gas,the pump would read from 17 cents to
    9 to 11.This was when you lift the lever.

Bo

5. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Price%20Law/?action=view¤t=Pricelaw1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Price%20Law/?action=view¤t=priceLaw2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Here in Michigan there is a Item Pricing Bill of Rights. Walmart is the worst when it comes to price on the item and in the computer. They have been busted many times along with Home Depot and others. Always check your reciept and if you find an error, at least here in MI, you can get up to %10 of the difference.

Jerbear

6. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yes, and we knew how to put the dipstick not quite all the way in when we checked the customer's oil, too.

I didn't do it but heard a few times. This was when we had the oil in the glass bottles alongside the pump. one of the guys made a few bucks that way.

Then he got his ass kicked and stopped it.

HM

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Halfmile you must be at least as old as I am. I worked for my dad and put oil in cars from a jar. Memories!!

9. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

I don't remember the glass but I do remember the oil cans that you had to punch a hole in to get the oil.

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

When I first discovered a Wal*Mart in far North California, I gave them a try twice. Both times I took stuff to the counter and had the register charge more than that posted. In both cases they got to re-stock the items. It was a good number of years before I would try again.....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.