1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What was your Magic Trapgun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Of all the trp guns you have owned which one was the MAGIC Gun?

I have had several and have sold them all, bought one back 3 times, and another 2 times only to sell or trade again.

1st was a Silver Seitz, 2nd was a Perazzi TM-1 Special, 3rd Caesar Guerini.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

A 1972 BT99 with a DeVault adjustable rib, Stu Wright barrel, Spears release, DeVault adjustable comb, counter-coil, and a Meadow Industries III site. I am looking at it right now.

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The magic is packaged in at the factory and the amount is carefully calculated to last throughout examination and maybe some test firing. It can be remotely replenished by favorable "Gun Test" articles, or even, in some cases, with a proprietary machine restricted to use by dealers in "experienced" arms. Unfairly, it seem to me, it's the buyer, not the seller, who pays for each rejuvenation by the machine, but in time it runs out and scores can only be improved by a different magic gun.

Neil

4. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Neil,

That's EXACTLY what I've been telling Coach! The magic has done gone and run out of my doubles barrel so, naturally, a brand new gun is what Santa should bring.

I'm wondering, though, if hot gluing some sequins and crystals on the stock would help in the meantime? Or possibly a 'Bedazzler'? Have you seen my doubles average? I may not make it to Christmas.

CSJ

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Sally, while crystals, new wood, new choke tubes, or different powders can certainly, for a time, like cold tablets, mask the symptoms, the disease persists and is, in almost all cases, incurable. Think of the winter sniffles in Minnesota. Who ever got rid of them without going on a vacation to the south?

Neil

6. gnprts

gnprts Member

I just bought it, an old Perazzi MX 3.... This gun is unreal from the 16 and not bad from the 25... Right out of the shipping box and to the range with no adjustments by me I ran the first 25 from the 16 with an extra full choke... Lots of smoke!... I hope it has lots of magic left. I have my fingers crossed.

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My Ljutic.....

8. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Actually, it my NEXT gun.......

9. dimapower

dimapower Member

My CG that I just sold. Doesn't make sense to sell a gun when things are starting to click, but for some reason many of us do. The ways of a gun ho.

10. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

So far it's been my Ljutic Dynakic but I'm thinking the Ljutic LTD Mono Gun I just bought may finally get me the last leg of my Grand Slam. Got my fingers crossed. Glenn

11. Bridger

Bridger Member

My first real trap gun was a Beretta 687 EELL unsingle combo that I bought in the late 80's. It had beautiful wood, better engraving and finishing than what Beretta does today on their 687's. The unsingle was a fixed rib and it was heavy. I sent that barrel to Stan Baker who did a weight reduction job on it so that it would better match the o/u barrel. It was a great looking gun and I shot it well. Everyone who shot this gun marveled at how soft it shot and in those days I was using heavier loads than I do today. I shot the gun for quite a few years but kept it in nice condition. I thought I was going to quit trap shooting and gave it to a local dealer, Monsoors in Lacrosse Wi to sell on consignment for me. The gun sold quickly and I was told it went to someone in the Philadelphia area. I went back to trap shooting within a year. bought another Beretta combo but never shot it as well. Been through a number of guns since, finally settled on a KX5 which seems to be working out. I hope wherever my old gun ended up that the new owner took good care of it and is enjoying it.

12. K-80BUD

K-80BUD TS Member

My Parker SBT is my magic gun. I only shoot it two or three times a year when the weather is perfect. It does not go out in the rain. The rest of the time I shoot a K-80 34" top single. My scores are better with the K-80, but they would fall off horribly if the Parker weren't in the safe for a backup. Bud Wood

13. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

It varies from time to time either my L.C. Smith SBT,, or any of my Rem. M31 TCs. Problem is I never know which one I can shoot on any given day.. It isn't the equipments fault,, everybody tells me it's got something to do with operator error, and i ask how is that possible????? LOL Ross

14. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

my old big bore low rib 90t had a 93.5 avg on 1700 in caps moved from 20-25 in that 1yr picked it up went next day and ran 50 16s in a jackpot

15. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Winchester Super x 1 , quit shooting for few years thinking it was the gun , then went back when I thought I knew better and WALLA !!!!! Still have it and would never part with it.

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Mine was and still is.

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

My modest old Beretta Mark II -- which, to me, is basically a beefier BT99 and represents the best trap gun per dollar that money can buy.

-Gary

18. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

My all stainless mid rib Ljutic.

19. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

One was a TM1 with barrel work by Mo of Soft Touch Fame. The other was a LTX. The third was a Ljutic 28" 4 bbl skeet set. None of which I owned & now kick myself that I did not buy.

20. motowheelguy

motowheelguy TS Member

My MX3 Sp, and the MX8 I shot now.

Aaron H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.