1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What was your favorite car that you ever owned?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    What was your favorite car that you ever owned?
    Mine was a 1955 blue and white two toned Chevy, stick shift. If those back seats could talk, I'd be in trouble. My friends and I cruzed on weekends up and down Wisconsin avenue here in Milwaukee.
    Steve Balistreri

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

1953 buick 2dr ht Super

3. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

1962 willys

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mine was 1 of 2 I am not sure which.
    1) A 60 Corvette with a 70 l88 engine in it. Pop the clutch and the front end would lift off the ground. or
    2) my 72 Porsche 911. It would go from zero to 60 very quickly and it would go from 60 to zero pretty dam quick also. Came around a bend on an exit ramp doing about 70 seen a cop car just ahead and found out how good the brakes were on those cars. Mike.
    [​IMG]

5. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Chevy Nova.......

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Solid black (plus stock chrome), top of the line, '56 Chev, Let it go WAY too soon.....breakemall

7. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

1969 Plymouth RoadRunner. I had several Mopar's in the late 60's, but the RR was my favorite with some lifelong memories.

It was taxi cab yellow, but I had a "web" paint job between clear put on it, flat black between the active air scoops on the hood, and flat black in the back truck indentation. Had angle tip exhaust tips, 14" mag wheels polished.

Factory options were the tac package, bucket seats, center console, 8 track tape player with an AM radio that hopefully you did not want to adjust often. No presets, just big thumb wheels as I recall. The big option was Daytona tracpack which included the 3.91 rear end, and basically it was 426 hemi drive train/suspension/brakes with just the 383 engine.

I could hole shot just about anything but those pesky Z28 Camaro's. Something about those, or at least a couple in my area.

8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

'71 Skylark GS

9. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Barrelbuge and Didreckson: Both your cars must have been really fast off the line. Sound like really nice cars.
    Steve

10. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Actually I like my father's Dodge Dart...late 60's. Why....cuz you could open the Air Vent door and place a 4-pack of 16 oz. Budweiser in the air vent box. In cooling in the fall and winter months!

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

My favorites were and are each and everyone of them or I wouldn't of owned them ... I was big time into fast boats also but thats another thread ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

66 Fairlane GTA, it would eat SS 396 and 427's for lunch, won a bunch of bets with that car

13. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

1953 Oldsmobile 88 4dr Red With White top. reverse Chrome Wheels Dual Exhaust W/12" glass Pak mufflers And A BAD $SS Rocket Engine W/ 2-4 Barrel AFB Carbs. Fast Good Looking And Drove & Rode GREAT. Joe W.

14. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

A 1972 Ford Bronco!

IF Ford had any brains they would reintroduce them, THE WAY THEY WERE!

I would give up my Jeep for a new Bronco of that vintage!

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Timberfaller, I know where one is sitting. Not too bad body wise. If you want me to in the next week I could get you a picture or two. Mike.

16. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

'64 Buick Riviera - owned three of them.

Counted up 34 cars I've owned and decided to quit switching. Some are now classics so I'm passing along my '97 Olds Aurora to the heirs.

17. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

57 black nomad wagon, wish I still had. Present favorite is 94 ZR1 Black.

CM

18. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

'66 GTO...455, 4spd...sweet ride

19. archangel

archangel Member

reading everyone's list of cars reminds me of the cars I wish to have. but I have a list and they were all fun: in high school I had a TR3 it was my once a week car: once a week it was busted on it I learned how to wrench. latter in life I built a cobra kit car, now for the last 4 years I've been driving a '99 BMW m-coupe. now my son had two cars that were neat a big ford xl with a 429 a real tire burner, and a falcon that he and his Grandpa placed a 4.6l mustang cobra engine in. he got to drive it 3 weeks befor going to marine ocs --mike

20. oz

oz Active Member

66 mustang GT 289 HI PO fastback

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.