1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT WAS YOUR BEST GUN TRADE OR SALE?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i was shooting a winter event one sunday at the waukesha gun club. i had an old style bt 99, it was the red tinted wood with the dull finish barrel. the shooter to my left, had a beautiful old style bt99, like new, beautiful dark wood. as we were shooting, i noticed how the gun was smoking targets. suddenly the trigger on his gun broke. we stopped the squad, looked at it, told him he would need to take it to a gunsmith. the guy said, how about i will trade you even up for your gun? i told him my gun had lots of rounds, would prefer he just get his fixed. after we shot, he followed me inside the club, offerd me $50.00 plus his old gun. i said use the $50.00 to get the gun fixed. make a long story short, he hounded me all day long, he shot my gun, he did well, i traded him even up. never saw this guy again. i took the gun to potter gun smithing, a week later got the gun back, cost me $29.00 to fix.
    steve balistreri

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Best deal Steve? I had a K-80 with K80 on the receiver o/u. I bought a K-80 un single for $2800 (at a gun shop yet). I wanted an unsingle for some time. I took my older K 80 and parted it out. Got $2400 for the receiver and front iron, got $300 for the stock from the new gun I liked my own wood, sold the Americase for $200. Kept my old over under barrel. Wound up with what I wanted a K 80 combe for my parts and to boot I was $100 ahead.

3. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Wow - A thread from Senior Smoke. How unusual!

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

They are all great deals the day you buy them.. It's later when you can't shoot them they turn into bad deals.

5. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have bought & sold so many I can't remember. One that stands out though,a Westley Richards double rifle,3 sets of bbls-.458 Win Mag,375 H&H,& 300 H&H. Ken Hunt engraved w/gold,factory cased,factory scoped all bbls w/Leupold Vari X 3's in 1.5 x 4. $20,000 & many years ago for a very good friend

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I just got a Browning Gold Hunter brand new in the box. Gun shop was closing it's doors. Price was 550.00. Browning was offering a 100.00 rebate. Ended up with the gun for 450.00. NO TAX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.