1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What was your 1st shotgun you bought yourself

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by m70win, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m70win

m70win Member

Mine was an old Rem Model 11 with a cut down stock and choked Cly. I bought it from a friends Grandpa when I was in High School. He wanted $25 for it,my dad was with me and could barely hide his excitment. He told me if I didn't want it he would buy it. For another $5 the old guy threw in 3 boxs of shells and a wood cleaning rod. Dad always said he would give me my $25 if I wanted to get rid of it. It was a great Skeet gun but would only eject old ribbed Rem Peters reloads. I pheasant hunted with my GPS with it but it was real heavy. I got tired of it being so particular of reloads so I traded it for an 1100LT 20ga a couple years ago. Classic John Browning design and nice memories of my Dad.

Tim

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

1972 - field grade Remington 870 Wingmaster, 28" modified vent rib barrel. Then I discovered you could spend a lot more money on shotguns for trapshooting.

Ed

3. mredburn

mredburn TS Member

A Mossberg 410 out of Montgomery Wards for squirrel and rabbit hunting. My sister in law stole it about 6 months later. My first shotgun for trap was a model 12. Mike

4. oletymer

oletymer Member

In the late 50's an Ithaca Model 37, 12 ga. I wish I still had it but my neighbor bugged me untill I sold it to him. He borrowed it several times and really loved the gun I guess more than I did at the time. Karl

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

An SKB SxS with 28" barrels choked full and fuller.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

870 exspress, NHR shotgun distinguished exspert with it, first 25 straight. 2 leauge wins with it, great gun for me.

7. jbshep

jbshep Member

In 1957 I was in Genoa, Italy (in the Navy) and bought myself a Beretta "Folding" shotgun; it was a single barrel 20ga. the barrel layed back along the stock when broke open. I paid $20 for it, new, in a gun shop. Had to check it into the ship's armory to get it home...no hassles! I still have it. It was stollen once, but I found it at a gun show and bought it back. Have never seen another; there have been some cheap copies, under other brand names, but this one is a high quality Bereta.

8. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

Miida 2300 Trap. Still have it. Had it tubed and use it for skeet now.
    PG

9. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Mid 60's I bought my first used shotgun, Savage 311 (?) 16ga SXS, my first new gun came in the early 70's, 12ga Ithaca Model 37, perfect for a lefty, I remember not to many years ago I was very impressed that my neighbor paid $3,000 for a Model 21 Win. SXS, why would anybody pay that much for a damn gun, then I started trap shooting and learned the real truth about gun cost's

10. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

1100lt20, I sold recently to a guy at the club for his wife. She shoots it very well I might add.

Jerbear

11. tom monzitta

tom monzitta Member

1962 I bought a used 16 guage 870 Wingmaster that was my only shotgun for the next 15 years. Never could hit the side of a barn with it but loved it because it was my first. Still in my safe.

Always buy. Never sell.

Tom

12. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

11-48 16ga. Wish I still had it! Had a VR & mod choke. 12yrs old at the time and haven't stopped buyng since!

13. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

April 1981. I was almost 21 when I bought a Remington 870 Wingmaster. 20 inch bbl. I still have it in the closet loaded with buckshot. That shotgun kicks like a mule but it's fun to shoot.

14. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Banned User Banned

Mossberg 500 pump 12ga. never put a shell in it that it wouldn't fire. I just bought the gun back from an old friend. First trao gun was in 1975 a 1100 which i still shoot.

15. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

My first was a S&W 1000 autoloader. It cost me $350.00. I was 13 years old and had to have my neighbor purchase it for me since I was too young. Never could get more than a 24 with it. Loved the gun though. I have seen them used for the same price I paid 26 years ago! Steve

16. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

My 1st shotgun that I purchased was a Model 12 3" full choke field gun with a 30" barrel. Traded off a Remington Model 11, (which was given to me), to buy it. Wish I had them both back. Ed

17. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

J. C. Higgins 20ga. single shot back in 1963. Still have it. Used to hunt rabbit/pheasant with it. Got to where I could lower it,cock it, and shoot from the hip pretty good. Took it trap shooting 3 years ago when I first started and I think i only got a 5 from 16yd line.

18. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Mine was, as for a couple of others here, Model 11 Remington. In '62 a guy brought one the the small trap club I was at, to raffle off. It was loose, scratched, cracked, and otherwise unsightly, but for me it would not miss a target. I could not win or buy it. In 2000,(when I got back into trap), I though it would be the ONLY gun to buy to shoot, found one, paid too much, had to put too much into repairs than it is worth,,,but I guess I got what I wanted.
    My first TRAP gun was/is a Browning BT99.

19. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Rem. 1100.

20. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

1968, the gun was a Stevens single shot break open hammer gun. Bought it with my lawn mowing money. My dad said that I had to hit a 25 straight with it before I could start shooting registered. Still remember that night at the Billings Missouri gun club. My first 25 straight under the lights on white targets. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.