1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What was wrong with Ljutic O/Us?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

why did the bi gun never take off?

Gene

2. Impalapete

Impalapete TS Member

When you can buy a good combo set for less than a ljutic o/u then I think I would take the combo.

3. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

The early O/U's were called Bi-Guns and had trigger problems. Value used $3-5,000.
    After a complete re-design the Bi-Gun became the TC O/U and 28 were built. I have #TC 11. You will see TC in front of the serial number. Value used $14-15,000.
    Production stopped for several years and when restarted the TC O/U was renamed to LM 6 which is currently still in production.
    I don't know how many LM 6's have been built but I belive around 35. New $20,000 used $18,000+.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

They were very heavy in comparsion to popularly used guns of the time and back then alot of folks were still shooting $200 dollar M12's and $250 BT99's.

5. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

How about their autos? I have only seen them on the net and not had the chance to actually handle one in real life. I did see one on gunbroker recently but it was about 2500 bucks. John

6. g7777777

were the trigger problems with release triggers or pull also?

Gene

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Remember, Big Al sez that when he's gone all his guns will be collectables.

8. g7777777

"Little Al" got his post pulled by the moderator it looks like

hope he learned something

9. biff

biff Active Member

I've heard Ljutic is coming out with an O/U which should be very competitive in price and on the range. It will be barrel selective, choke tubed, a very good trigger system and with a cut comb. Whether it will have any other type of adjustments I'm not sure, but heard it will be called LM 07. I need a good O/U and hope it appears soon on the market! Biff

10. g7777777

the LM is already out I think?

11. Gil

Gil Member

bcnu, I bought a bi-gun made to my mono specs. First I tried a release/pull and Al told me I would be back and he would sell me what I needed not what I wanted. It took about a year and I went to release/release. Since I bought the Bi-gun my doubles average has gone from about 88 to 92+. I have never shot a 100 but have many 50s and several 98s. The gun points very well and I could not find anything I would change.When new, it is very stiff and Al will not grind anything down to make things easier. I have probably 25,000 rounds through it and it now performs easily. When new, you have to be carefull to open it all the way or the second trigger will not shoot. It requires the barrels to be completely opened to set both triggers. I learned this the hard way. My current 2007/8 doubles average is 93+ but that depends somewhat on how many shoots I have in snow and big wind. If you can afford one, I think it is the best you can have. gil

12. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I cannot help but ask why are folks talking about Al Ljutic? He does not own that company and I suspect he is not involved in the new one. I think the buyout signaled a different direction for the company and did not include the Ljutic family. The new adjustable rib will sell some guns and that idea was hatched by a non-shooter and non-ljutic family member.

A really nice doubles gun can be had for far less money than an LM model Ljutic. Really - would the new company actually try to market and build a $18,000+ doubles gun? Would you actually buy an $18,000 gun from a company that could and might fold in the near future? Would you buy a $8,000 single barrel shotgun from a company that might fold anytime? Other than the spare parts you might need if you already own one of their guns, exactly what would you buy from a company that might fold in the near future? If you can respond by saying you would buy a $18,000 doubles gun, you need medication - if you are already on meds, go the to doctor and get stronger meds.

13. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Just to clear things up the Ljutic's are still with the company. Maybe you would not pay $18,000 for a O/U but their is always a market for someone that will.

Gary

14. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

someone revived an old thread and (in my opinion) deserves a response

15. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Gary, Does that also go for the Bruce Bowen single barrel trapguns? He has the Bruce Bowen co. for sale at this time and if what you say is true I should be able to pick up a new Bowen for 50% and a used one for about the same as a used BT-99. By the way, I just send my Ljutic Dynakic out to Washington to have it reblued and Nadine called me personally to let me know it had arrived safely and that she would be calling me when it was finished and she also said if I had any concerns to call Jimmy Ljutic as he takes care of the Dynakic. Sounds to me like they might still be on the payroll. Glenn

16. chipking

chipking TS Member

I just bought a Bi-gun and paid a great deal more than Ljutic man thinks they should go for and I still paid far less than others are asking for the few Bi-guns available for sale. Mine had a few issues but NONE that were Ljutic created. All have been corrected and what I have now is a 34" O/U that swings and points as well as any O/U I have ever handled and is far superior to and simpler than the K-80 that I used to shoot as well as costing me far less.
    I have spoken with both Jimmy and Nadine and they are both very much still involved with the company. Jimmy IS the owners manual on their O/U and I suspect and hope that if Ljutic comes out with a new O/U it will be the same high quality that Ljutic has always meant in the past.
    --- Chip King ---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

care of ljutic dynakic