1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the worst club you ever shot at.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I have shot all over the the U.S., some clubs really should not call themselves trap clubs. They should call themselves old farts clubs, or we don't maintain our equipment clubs. or we love cracked walk ways. or we cater to the in crowd clubs. Or we change league rules so the favored few have a chance against really good shooters who are not in the in crowd. Or we let community politics rule the club.

I rate the old Fairfield Harbour Trap club as # 1 it is currently called the Bayboro Trap club.

Phil Berkowitz

2. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Never shot at a bad club.. some was better then others, but never a bad one.

3. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

I agree with FlaLagarto

4. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

Won't name names but will say it was in western N.Y. a while back. I had shot at this club in a traveling league. I saw they were having an in house league.
    The notice stated teams were being drawn from a hat. I talked a couple of my friends into shooting it.

We showed up the first night and found that there was no drawing of teams and there two very stacked teams. We still signed up to shoot becaused we just liked to shoot.

But what made that the only time I shot in one of their leagues was that a couple of weeks into the league a kid about twelve or so shot his first twentyfive ever. He went with his father and asked one of the club officers about a patch. The officer who carried a ninetyseven plus average and told the kid shot fifty straight and I'll see if I can dig you something up.

One of my friends told the kid wait a minute and went to his car. He came back in and handed the both kid a patch and a pin. We then bought the kid a pop and told him we were proud of him and to hang in there and many more would come.

Bud

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Thunder Mountain Trap and Skeet | Ringwood, NJ

Rip-off and worst excuse for a club that I've ever seen. Run like crap and looks like it too.

6. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

So St Paul MN .. A bar with 4 trap fields.

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've never shot at a bad one either...I've shot poorly at some very nice clubs....I shot ATA trap in paradise once...at the old Princeville Trap Club on Kauai, HI....very primitive...and beautiful....I was the 6th man, which kind of screwed up their one squad routine but they were very accommodating and friendly which was much appreciated by this tourist....

Ron Burr

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Robesonia or Lebanon Valley, both in Pennsylvania. Both not only allowed alcohol consumption by shooters , they allowed it to be purchased at the bars and carried to the line.

Keller

9. Beretta680

Beretta680 Member

You named 2 clubs, which one was it ?

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Highland Pistol/Rifle Club in Highland, IL. One of their traps sits cock-eyed to the field. It seems I always end up on that trap and it screws with my head(as if I needed something else). The trees on that particular trap seem really close on hard rights. Basically I shoot bad there so I'm making excuses.

11. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

The worst club is... any one I am at if it is over 92 degrees and / or raining.

12. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Bullhead City Gun Club, Bullhead City, Arizona. The traps were set on the edge of an abandoned quarry. The clubhouse was a little shack; and Bullhead City is generally the hottest place in the United States in the summer. Humid, too.

However, the nicest people you could find, and we always drove down from Las Vegas for their registered shoots.

13. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"You named 2 clubs, which one was it ?"</i></blockquote>Had to be Lebanon Valley.

Keller

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

The Police Academy in Los Angeles. It no longer allows the public to shoot there; they don't have time for that anymore. (LOL)

15. JEB

JEB Active Member

I second Thunder Mountain!

JEB

16. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

47, that looks like St Augustine, very little trap shot there. Jake

17. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

TCTC in Nashville before noon, after 12, it's great.

18. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Maywood...near Chicago...

tony

19. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

"Momma always said, trap clubs are like a box of chocolates... you just don't know what you're going to get..." F. Gump

20. shadow

shadow Active Member

I shot a bunch of times at a backyard club here in Ky.No walkways--the posts were concrete blocks set at angles to the one trap. Beleive it or not---this place drew one hell of a crowd for the Sunday afternoon calcutta and games !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.